Kingdom Hearts (Freezes on opening cut scene)
Hello,

Not sure if this is a common issue with an easy fix, but couldn't find anything online to resolve it.

Using EmuDeck and PCSX2 on my Steam Deck I'm trying to run Kingdom Hearts, however mid-way through the opening cut scene (on the beach as the waves get higher behind him) the game freezes in the exact same place each time.

Is this a known fault, and is there a way of getting past this? 

Thanks.

Sponsored links

using appimage build ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-25-2022, 06:26 PM)jesalvein Wrote: using appimage build ?

Just using an ISO of the game, with the version of PCSX2 that comes in EmuDeck.

Build is currently Nightly v1.7.3229.
ask the emudeck devs. we only support the appimage version
(08-25-2022, 07:10 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ask the emudeck devs. we only support the appimage version

Just attempted the same thing with the version from Discover, and it crashed at the exact same point.
(08-25-2022, 07:27 PM)bentendo Wrote: Just attempted the same thing with the version from Discover, and it crashed at the exact same point.

we don't support it either
What is the difference sorry (new to Linux and how versions are installed etc) and why support would be different?
because we can't support what we didn't make. the only one we support is the one you download on main pcsx2 site
Okay, well I have installed an appbuild off your website and launched the game from that version, and trying both fast and full boot options even the same freezing occurs at the same point in the opening cutscene. Just as the waves are coming up over him the picture freezes and the audio begins to loop the last second of audio.
fine.
debug->enable file logging
then play until it freezes, close pcsx2, and post the emulog.txt here