Kingdom Hearts Freezing, Plugin issue?
Hello. newbie here. been having issues with kingdom hearts freezing. I just downloaded pcsx2 today and i have the kingdom hearts iso. it always seems to freeze randomly when i'm attacking. game is running smooth and gorgeous up until that point and there's no lag

system as follows. more than sufficient to run this. stays right at 60 fps on 1080p (due to capping obviously) but never drops below

using PCSX2 0.9.8

-intel i5-2500
-8gig RAM
-Geforce GTX 560 1024mb
-updated direct3d to 11. have tried switching it in GSdx to 9, 10, 11. they all freeze.

didn't see anything in the log. i'm using a ps3 controller via MotionInJoy plugin. Had to switch to SSSSxpad from Lily due to it not working properly. Updated to the latest Audiotek HD drivers.

none of it is helping. it's happening on brand new games, so it's not the save state thing.

However I have not updated any plugins from the original 0.9.8 file and im wondering if that's the issue. I been searching and i can't find the definitive latest versions?

Any help would be appreciated

Random guess but maybe its the ssssxpad plugin or the GSdx version? it seems to happen when im button mashing

Sponsored links

I'm clutching at straws here since I haven't used PCSX2 in such a long time, but have you tried seeing if it freezes when you use software rendering?

Also, what are the EE%/GS% at the top saying when it freezes?
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(05-04-2012, 11:16 PM)MyDreamName Wrote: I'm clutching at straws here since I haven't used PCSX2 in such a long time, but have you tried seeing if it freezes when you use software rendering?

Also, what are the EE%/GS% at the top saying when it freezes?

59-60 fps, EE 20-30%, GS 0-3%

it's happened in the initial room where you're dropped in and the room after you talk to everybody in the beginning
(05-04-2012, 11:22 PM)y0shelite Wrote: 59-60 fps, EE 20-30%, GS 0-3%

it's happened in the initial room where you're dropped in and the room after you talk to everybody in the beginning

Uh, I haven't played Kingdom Hearts in a while. Do you mean the island and the other parts of the tutorial? Is it not freezing anywhere else?

Are you freezing on software rendering, though? Have you also tried using LilyPad and seeing if it still freezes?
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Start by listing all the plugins you are using. Also do you have any speed hacks/game fixes on? Anything shown in the console during the freeze?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
can you please post the emulog.txt you get after the freeze ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
hello again. thanks for your help and quick responses.

I believe I fixed it. I had the preset at 4 (aggressive) and went down to 3 (balanced). I forgot i had set that initially but i did so because in one of the configuration guides it said 4 usually runs things fast and stable. I guess in reality i have a decent enough machine to still have it run full speed at a lower setting. I had interpreted the presets as the higher it goes the more taxing on your machine it is (i.e. if you have a good machine, you can run higher preset modes) but i guess it just taxes the emulator itself more.
Err you got it all wrong still. Presets control PCSX2 settings (speed hacks and some other options). As their descriptions say, the higher you go, the faster PCSX2 runs at the expense of lower compatibility. So less games work (or more bugs appear) but you get some speed boost...also at very high values you could even get speed loss AND compatibility loss, which is what happened in your case.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeah about the freezing on this game... Mine was working just fine up till the first of the final bosses in the game (the gargoyle) and the program just shuts all the way down in the middle of a fight. As this is incredibly frustrating, especially for me because I've been trying to get into this game series for the longest time not haven't enough time. I'm using DirectX11 as DirectX9 causes my computer not to display the gummi ship navigation. No hacks, native resolution, using a gamepad. Changing the EE and VU does nothing, changing to DirectX9 does nothing. I'm at a loss and haven't the slightest clue how to fix this.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go