Kingdom Hearts I Crashes Every 5-10 Minutes
Well the screen goes completely black after loading a game with that video plugin, so...I'm going to say that's not working too well.

Sponsored links

Check the disc for any scratches it is possbile that a major scratch could make the game have no video.
Well it does have video, just not when using that particular plugin. The CD seems perfectly fine.
It is possible your video card is the OVERKILL.
(08-04-2011, 11:55 PM)addisonswim Wrote: Try using the ZEROGS plugin it could be that plugin is not working. I had weird KH issues as you did and switched to zero gs and i'm playing english patch kh2 fm fine, though my KH1 disk was scratched to hell lol also get a new audio plugin and you'll play it fine. And I think everyone gest audio glitches for KH1 i guess because it's old it's freakin 9 years old and with aa it is AMAZING like playing on a ps3. So if you changed the plugin you could use a sound plugin.

ZEROGS have not been touched for 3 years !!!!!!
i haven't played a game playable on it Tongue
and i have a friend who have ATI 6970 and didn't find a problem with PCSX2
overkill GPU wont cause PCSX2 to crash
GSDX cant be the problem
Is the whole computer crashing or just PCSX2?
Which bios do you have?
Code:
(R5900) Re-executed ELF Entry point (ignored) [addr=0x00100008]
Something seems to restart the emulation here in some faulty and random way? Maybe something's wrong with the bios? I don't have in-deepth knowledge about ps2 bios, and how it's used, but if the game that works for pretty much everyone else restarts itself and if the dvd image was made correctly, then maybe it's the bios at fault? Full log could say more than just the "dying moments".Tongue
(08-05-2011, 09:20 PM)dralor Wrote: Is the whole computer crashing or just PCSX2?

Just PCSX2, lol.

(08-05-2011, 10:03 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Which bios do you have?

Code:
(R5900) Re-executed ELF Entry point (ignored) [addr=0x00100008]
Something seems to restart the emulation here in some faulty and random way? Maybe something's wrong with the bios? I don't have in-deepth knowledge about ps2 bios, and how it's used, but if the game that works for pretty much everyone else restarts itself and if the dvd image was made correctly, then maybe it's the bios at fault? Full log could say more than just the "dying moments".Tongue

USA v01.60(07/02/2002) is the bios I'm using, but if it were the bios at fault then why would it be only this game that's crashing? It doesn't just restart itself though, it freezes and turns white and then a Windows error box pops up saying PCSX2 is not responding and needs to close.

As for the log, all it said before what I pasted was just that it had loaded the game.
Did you download it or get it from a REAL ps2. If you downloaded it it is ILLEGAL.
Well that was just a suggestion to check, it's generally recommended to have all bios files dumped from ps2. While lots of people ignore that and only have .bin, it must be recommended for some reasonTongue(?).
If it freezes turns white it could be something with your system, but as it affects only this game as you say that's rather unlikely. Any chance you're using cheats? If you do, turn them off and if it helps, try to find which one breaks the emulation.
Posting full log from the start would simply avoid such guesses as it shows bios files or warning with any missing files, also shows if you're using cheats, exact pcsx2 and it's plugins versions etc. everyone could see it and not waste more time asking for the details.

edit:
Also would show what system you have, if it's windows Vista or 7 you could set GSdx renderer as dx10/11 it has bigger compatibility and speed, doubt it crashes in dx9 for this game, but who knows?