Kingdom Hearts II (60fps patched) - How to speed up gameplay?
Well . . . I think I said this before, the BIOS won't let me OC the CPU, Although by using GPU OCing programs, I overclocked the GPU, although the video RAM refuses to overclock. For me, the CPU runs at 3.6GHz, and the GPU runs at 800MHz, although I OCed it to 900MHz, but the GPU'S video RAM is pratically locked at 800MHz. (I probably have HP to blame, they probably made overclocking most parts of the PC impossible.)

Sponsored links

The GPU ram is locked because it's your system ram. If it's locked to 800 then you are running DDR3 1600.

Yeah, prebuilt PC are hard to overclock. They lock it in the bios. BUT you might have luck with this: http://www13.plala.or.jp/setfsb/

This thing controls the PLL (phase locked loop) thingy in your computer and can cause the FSB speed to change. But this is very advanced. The free version doesn't support as many chipsets as the paid version. If you pay 800 yen which is like 7.50 usd or 4.6 GBP, you can get the full version. If the full version doesn't support your chipset yet, the guy will try to add it. I've talked to him before and he is very nice. He couldn't add my laptops PLL, so he refunded my money.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Oh, SetFSB . . . I honestly think I can't use it.
I have no idea what the PLL of A HP Pavilion 500-164 is . . .
And I don't really wanna open up the computer and mess it up. . .So I guess really low settings are the only way i'm gonna get 60 stable FPS on Kingdom Hearts II.
are Kingdom Hearts I and Re:Chain of Memories less resource intensive Kingdom Hearts games?
I believe Re:Chain of Memories is the 2nd least intense KH game, next to the original CoM on GBA, which is pretty much all sprites, no polygons, so I DEFINITELY get 60FPS on that one, heck, it even runs at 60FPS on A real GBA. But do you think the remake (Re:CoM) will be the same thing on this PC using it's 60FPS Patch?

This is Re:Chain of Memories's 60FPS patch:
// 60 FPS Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories NTSC U/C
patch=1,EE,004386B0,extended,00000000
I've actually never played any of the KH games in PCSX2. Actually I've only ever played about 2 hours of the first on a real PS2 lol.

I think Nobbs might know, he is all about KH stuff.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Oh, could I ask him if Re:Chain of Memories is the least intense PS2 Kingdom Hearts game, then?
Let alone if it'll run on this PC full speed with the 60FPS patch?
I think the only KH games that will run at 60 stable FPS on this PC is CoM GBA, 358/2 days and Re:Coded.
I will point him here, I can't believe he hasn't come by yet lol.
Re:CoM is very similar in requirements to the first game.
I believe you will be able to use the 60fps patch on Re:CoM and be fine because it's requirments are considerable lower than KHII's
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I Actually feel like the requirements are lower than those for even the first game.
Typically in CoM, GBA or PS2, the enviroments are mostly blocky, Minecraft-like levels, except with slightly more details,
And during battles, the enviroment is even more basic, just one flat piece of ground and some walls maybe.
And with Sora and every single Heartless card-breaking themselves to no end, not much attacks can happen at once, which leads to less special effects, less action, and less stress on the computer. Yeah, I Can run Re:CoM with the 60fps patch at fullspeed.
But if you ask me if I can run the GBA version at 60FPS, expect "yes" and nothing else. It's really just 2D Sprited graphics that any computer can handle.
CoM on GBA is absolutely THE least resource-intensive KH game in the entire series, It doesn't even need A 60FPS patch, the GBA already runs it at 60FPS, and for KH, that's saying A lot.
I did not know the GBA ran at 60fps. I looked it up. It does. Wow.
Yep. And this is pretty much the ONLY KH game that runs at 60FPS without A patch of some sort, since the graphics are just SO simple.
But on the topic of 60FPS patches for KH games, Although Kingdom Hearts I, Re:CoM, Kingdom Hearts II, and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (PSP) have 60fps patches,
Are we having problems making one for Kingdom Hearts 3D on the 3DS? Because I don't think any cheat devices have been made for the 3DS that works with 3DS games yet.