Kingdom Hearts II (60fps patched) - How to speed up gameplay?
Well, the Kingdom Hearts games are great as is, without any fancy patches, But I feel like they should've runned at 60FPS, especially Re:CoM, it isn't intense at all, and KH1 is quite optimal, I fought like 9 heartless at once at 60 stable FPS with the patch on.
Other RPGs like Dark Cloud run at 60FPS, no patch needed, and it runs fine on PS2. Why not KH?
The PS2 is powerful enough, is it? I think this might be the 60FPS patch for KH2 being used on A real PS2: https://archive.org/details/KingdomHeart...x60FPSHack
As you can see, the PS2 is powerful enough, so why not 60FPS?

Sponsored links

It does look nice and smooth, but what makes you think it's a real PS2?

KH has better textures than dark cloud, I think. That might be a reason too.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
One - I think it's A real PS2, Because PCSX2 seems to run the game with much less slowdown than A real PS2, So PCSX2 wouldn't slow down in the same battle with the same patch, May be because of speedhacks though.

Two - You have A point. Dark Cloud was probably an older, more simple PS2 RPG.
The sequel, Dark Cloud 2, is far more complex, So it ran at 30FPS, Although KH1 renders 30FPS more smoothly I think (But KH2, not so much, it didn't look as smooth to me).
But on PCSX2, That exact same 30FPS somehow isn't nearly as smooth as it looks on A TV screen,
In fact, It looked like the 20FPS gameplay "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" had - which these days, is not an acceptable framerate.
On point one: It might just be a system that can't run it so fast.

I dunno, do you have a working PS2 still? If so, why not try to patch the disc, pop it in your ps2, and give it a go?

It should work, but it might be wonky. Who knows.

But maybe your like me. I have a PS2, softmodded. But doesn't read discs.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Well, I do have A working PS2, It's A slim, silver one to be exact.
Is patching A PS2 disc exactly easy? I've never done so myself.
And will I be able to run it as if it were A regular PS2 game? Or will I need additional stuff to run it after patching it?
Oy *****. I don't know what I was thinking. I was thinking patch the game... like in pcsx2. but that's a memory patch lol.

Still, you could apply the code with codebreaker/gameshark/armax whatever.

You will need the PS2 softmodded to play a burned disc. Or modchipped. But soft mod is easier. However, since you have a slim, it's possible that it can't be soft modded. Depends on the version of it.
Well, I don't really want to mod the disc, So do you happen to know what the code is for Gameshark?
It should work like this:

Get omniconvert:
http://www.herrvillain.com/omniconvert/

Set input as unencrypted/standard.
Take the code you are using now, and remove the text. So you just copy in the numbers, in the same order they are in.

Wait, not all the letters. I mean like the patch, 1, ee, extended.

You need the ABC01345 strings just as they are, letters too.

Set output to Gameshark whatever one you have.

Click convert.

Should work, but no guarantees. I don't use cheats so I'm not a master of this.
Oh, Thanks for telling me how to do it. Once I do get A Gameshark, I'm doing this right away.
That'll tell me for sure if A PS2 is capible of running KH2 at 60FPS.