Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix crashing
Hey friends. So I've been playing through KHIIFM on PCSX2 0.9.7 and everything runs smoothly until I get to Hollow Bastion. After the first fight there, the game crashes, which wouldn't be a big deal except that it doesn't matter what plugins/settings I configure the game continues to crash, including after disabling all speedhacks.

I played through the game last summer on 0.9.6, so I thought I'd try downloading that to see if it works, but no dice. The game crashes in the exact same spot. (I should mention that I had to use 0.9.6 to get past the scene directly after Sora's awakening; it kept crashing on 0.9.7).

The only differences between now and last summer are that a. my hard drive failed this fall so I had to get it replaced and b. I'm playing the game with a "menu translation" patch. Since nothing else has changed, I can only assume that the patch is causing the problem.

Has anyone else suffered a similar problem/have any ideas how to fix it? Thank you!

Sponsored links

KH2 FM edition maybe not perfectly playable.
better play the original verision of KH2 at the momment.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(12-31-2010, 05:59 AM)tallbender Wrote: KH2 FM edition maybe not perfectly playable.
better play the original verision of KH2 at the momment.

It is playable though. I played through the entire game last summer with no issues. :/
Any chance you still have a link to that translation patch? I'd love to have a chance to play Final Mix in a language I understand.

Sorry my post isn't more constructive, but at the moment I'm having a hard time getting 0.9.7 running decently at all. I almost never have speed issues with 0.9.6, but I read somewhere that 0.9.7 is more compatible with Re:Chain of Memories, so I thought I'd give it a shot, but it runs all games at 40 FPS maximum for some reason, so I was looking into that when I found this thread.
KH2 FM works perfectly for me 60 fps 0.9.7 and i completely beat the game. now using the translation patch that is something different i tried using it but it crashes most of the time so i stopped and just got used to everything