Kingdom Hearts II is Unbearably Slow
Salutations. I recently started playing my copy of Kingdom Hearts II on PCSX2 0.9.8 (r4600), and so far have gotten constant slowdowns throughout almost the entire game, despite all my efforts. The game runs especially slow during cutscenes, in which the FPS often drops below 9, and seldom goes over 25. The game only runs smoothly when the cutscene or gameplay takes place in a confined room with little content (namely DiZ's computer room).

Also, I do not know for certain whether or not it is due to the slow frame rate, but every now-and-then, during cutscenes some voice dialogue will be muted out (i.e. if Goofy or someone were to say "All for one," the subtitles will still appear, but all I will hear is "Al--"). I must say, this really bugs me. PCSX2 0.9.7 r3878 beta (the only SVN that seems to work on my PC) fixes this problem, but the game runs even slower on this version. I have the sound set to Async Mix; while I was playing my copy of Kingdom Hearts 1, I purposefully set it that way because I hated how Time-Stretch would stretch out the voices during occasional lags.

As of now, all of my emulation settings, save frame skipping, are set to default. I have all Speed Hacks, save VU Cycle Stealing, enabled--EE Cyclerate is set to "2". I am using Direct3D9 (Hardware) with Native resolution, Logarithmic Z, and Alpha correction (FBA) checked.

These are my specs:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

HP Pavilion IntelĀ®
PentiumĀ® 4 CPU 3.00GHz
512 MB of RAM

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Sponsored links

Live with it, 'till you can affort a new computer.
[Image: spockEyebrowRaise.gif]
I hate star trek -.-;

Also if you post you're supposed at least type in a sentence... stop spam.
You CPU is too weak and you don't tell us your GPU...

Not to sound rude, but as Livy said, you'll have to be patient or keep playing it on your PS2 coz you'll having hard times in many games with that kind of PC specs...
(07-22-2012, 02:12 AM)Archerko Wrote: You CPU is too weak and you don't tell us your GPU...

Not to sound rude, but as Livy said, you'll have to be patient or keep playing it on your PS2 coz you'll having hard times in many games with that kind of PC specs...

Hmm, figures.

*Shrugs* I guess I will consider getting a new PS2 console; my current one is a little old and faulty, which is why I turned to emulators.

Thanks anyway, though.