Kingdom Hearts II problems!
Hello!

I recently got PCSX2 to play Kingdom Hearts II. I have followed every single tutorial and setting out there and can't seem to come across this specific problem in relation to KHII

Whenever I load in to a new area, after a cutscene or in the middle of the cutscene, the audio bugs out and the game freezes up a bit before it goes back to normal. I've learned to just deal with the problem but now it's just becoming annoying.

Some help would be really appreciated!Biggrin

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Alright. Here are all the specifications listed.

Computer:

- GPU : Gainward Geforce GTX570
- CPU : Intel i7 Quad Core @3.20 GHz
- RAM : 6 Gigabytes

PCSX2 Version and Settings

- GS - Gsdx 0 (MSVC 18.00, SSE41) 0.1.16 [gsdx32-sse4-r5875]
- PCSX2 Version : 1.2.1
- Aspect Ratio : Fit to Window/Screen, resolution 640x480.
- Speedhack Enabled. EE Cyclerate set to 2 and VU Cycle Stealing set for 1. mVU Flaghack and MTVU multithread enabled.
- Adapter : Set for my GPU
- Renderer Direct3D11 (Hardware)
-Scaling 4x Native
- Shadeboost, FXAA, Texture Filtering, 8-bit textures and Anisotropic Filtering 16x enabled.
- HW Hacks - Skipdraw 2, Alpha checked and Sprite Squared

Games:
- Kingdom Hearts II from ISO
Wowz, speed hacks galore. Let's try doing a couple of things first:
Set EE Cyclerate to 1.
Enable INTC Spin Detection
Enable Wait Loop Detection

Turn off "Allow 8-bit Textures"
Turn off all HW hacks.

Can you specific which i7 you are using, the model number?
Intel LGA1366 Core# i7 Quad Core 960 Smile
So sorry, I got carried away watching Wolf Children... Let me compose myself.

Did you try all the things I suggested above?
I don't have a controller available at the moment. But I did launch the game and then noticing a slight audio stutter when all of the Playstation stuff was loading up.
I would say that's pretty normal. Have the game sit on the main menu, I'm pretty sure an FMV should start, if you don't here audio stutters here, we're on the right track!
If you're taking about the loading of ps2 logo, you can try fast boot instead it boots to the game straightly.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Alright, so I sat on the menu for a while and waited for the video to start and to my suprise, I still hear audio stutters. The moment the screen went black and started playing the audio, I heard the same crap again..