Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories - playable with default plugins?
I was searching around to find solutions to common problems that occur when emulating Chain of Memories before I started up the game for myself. People were recommending using the PeoPs SPU plugin to fix some issues, but the posts were from 2009 so I wanted to check if those problems were fixed with updates.

I will be using PCSX2 0.9.7 (r3878)
My PC specs are:
i7 920 @ 2.67 GHz
3 GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 460 HAWK

Emulation settings are left at the default settings.
I am using the GSdx 3693 0.1.16 SSE41 and the SPU2-X r3702m 1.4.0

Sponsored links

The PEOPS recommendation was partly wrong.
And these days yea, SPU2-X has been fixed to run this game all properly Smile
I recently got into pcsx2 fiddled around quite a bit and found that its not perfect :s. unfortunate. Chain of memories was the first game i actually wanted to play on it but i get 20 mins in ,if that, and it hangs on the loading screen after the second cinematic not including the opening cinematic. I have tried multiple GPU and CPU hacks/fixes and changed GPU plug-ins but it does the same thing. I have read it from ISO emulation (daemon tools alcohol 120%) the actually disk and the built in ISO reader. I have also tried the top two versions of pcsx2. Anyone have any suggestions? Tongue

I find more fun messing around with and it getting it to work than actually trying to play something on it cause i keep running into issues.
played through on pcsx2 reciently, beat Sora all the way through, tops I got 1 bug, and not a game-killer either

if you're having major trouble, compile an SVN build, I know those pass through the game fine
(02-05-2011, 12:21 AM)Saiki Wrote: played through on pcsx2 reciently, beat Sora all the way through, tops I got 1 bug, and not a game-killer either

if you're having major trouble, compile an SVN build, I know those pass through the game fine

i would do so if i knew what a svn build was >.>
i know what a svn is but... i'm lost
i guess i'll just google it
no luck