Kingdom Hearts... Textures and Framerate
PC Specs:
Quad Core Q6600 2.4GHz
512MB 8800 GT
4GB RAM

I've read some topics on this game where people with far worse computers than mine were expected to run the game at "90-100%" I don't know what the deal is with me though. It runs fine during the cutscenes, and ran fine during the first part, but as soon as I got to Destiny Islands, the framerate craps out whenever I'm not looking out at the ocean. Too much to render, I suppose?

Also, There's a big issue with the textures, from certain distances, they look like crap. Probably an LOD thing, but it looks as if there's two textures trying to use the same space, and it's not pretty, and everyone's eyes bulge out of their heads.

Is this normal? If not, any suggestions? The speed hacks didn't seem to do anything.

Sponsored links

latest beta? or some old outdated plugins? Tongue2
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
actually the destiny islands are the most "intensive" zone in the game, once you pass that it will be at normal speed
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
Hrm... I've got version 0.9.6

Does it not come with all the latest stuff?
No. just download the latest beta in the "downloads" section
Well, I feel kinda like a bonehead. Thanks for the quick responses guys. Cheers.
The texture problems you describe are usually fixed by enabling the logarithmic z option in GSdx.
That might cause different issues, though. So the best solution is using the dx10 mode which doesn't have that issue.
(10-12-2009, 05:46 PM)marche1990 Wrote: actually the destiny islands are the most "intensive" zone in the game, once you pass that it will be at normal speed

It's the same in KH2, twilight town is one of the most intense areas in the game, I think the world that never was is pretty bad too though.