Kingdom Hearts crashing on Winged Demon/Chernabog
Is this a bug? I had this issue as well. I believe you talk about the same big demon. I managed to pass it by creating a save state very often. I was using PCSX2 1.0.0.

Sponsored links

Even after upgrading to the newest version of PCSX2, I still encountered this glitch and it has not been fixed. However, I found a way around it. This method does not fix anything, it simply stops the glitch from happening. I also don't know if it will work for anyone else but me; if it doesn't work, then sorry, I can't help.

It seems Chernabog's flapping wings cause the game to crash. Simply put - avoid venturing into the area at the back of his head, where his wings flap in front of the camera at various angles. Of course, the back of his head is where he takes the most damage, but the fight itself isn't hard. I was around level 40 with no enhancements and did okay, though you'll probably die a couple times getting used to how to attack from the front. The last 1/3 of the fight, when you whittle his health down, is the toughest - that's when he sends those homing balls of light out and starts blowing you away more frequently. It's a long fight, for sure, so some tips:

1. Stock up on healing items for everyone. Ethers are more important for Sora, since you need to keep up with Cure and Aero for defense, as you will sustain lots of damage in the dragged out fight.

2. Go for the sides of Chernabog's neck. Not as good as the back of his head, but these are the sweet spots to aim for to inflict the most damage, in relative safety. Just be careful not to tumble backwards towards the back of his head - get out that area IMMEDIATELY if you do.

3. Hit him hard first thing. As soon as the battle starts, Chernabog won't really do anything for a few seconds - take this chance to attack the sides of neck and just go to town. You can take out half of his health if you really go for it, more if you're at a higher level. And I mean it when I say don't stop. You should have cast Aero as soon as the battle started, and keep attacking even when Chernabog starts spitting fire. The motion of him turning his head will push you aside, but simply attach yourself to the OTHER side of his neck and keep attacking, taking the damage his fire breath gives you - it's not that much damage, and he will eventually blow you away. Once that happens, THEN heal yourself or wait until Donald does.

4. Once he starts sending out those homing balls of light and slashing with his claws, aim for the TOP of his head. He'll blow you away more frequently, but it's safer than the sides of his neck at this point, since the balls of light tend to knock into you pretty hard, and you do not want to get pushed into the back area of his head.

I find that you can get away with a couple short trips to the back area of his head, in order to add major additional damage - use caution with this, however, because even if you're 'almost there', it's not worth having to start over once the game crashes. This only applies if you haven't died once already. If you're going at Chernabog for a second time after failing to defeat him once before, the second time around is a LOT less forgiving when it comes to the back of the head, and will crash as soon as you get the wings to start moving in front of the camera.

This glitch isn't going to be fixed any time soon, so I hope this helps.
(08-24-2013, 08:42 AM)saintvlas22 Wrote: Even after upgrading to the newest version of PCSX2, I still encountered this glitch and it has not been fixed. However, I found a way around it. This method does not fix anything, it simply stops the glitch from happening. I also don't know if it will work for anyone else but me; if it doesn't work, then sorry, I can't help.

It seems Chernabog's flapping wings cause the game to crash. Simply put - avoid venturing into the area at the back of his head, where his wings flap in front of the camera at various angles. Of course, the back of his head is where he takes the most damage, but the fight itself isn't hard. I was around level 40 with no enhancements and did okay, though you'll probably die a couple times getting used to how to attack from the front. The last 1/3 of the fight, when you whittle his health down, is the toughest - that's when he sends those homing balls of light out and starts blowing you away more frequently. It's a long fight, for sure, so some tips:

1. Stock up on healing items for everyone. Ethers are more important for Sora, since you need to keep up with Cure and Aero for defense, as you will sustain lots of damage in the dragged out fight.

2. Go for the sides of Chernabog's neck. Not as good as the back of his head, but these are the sweet spots to aim for to inflict the most damage, in relative safety. Just be careful not to tumble backwards towards the back of his head - get out that area IMMEDIATELY if you do.

3. Hit him hard first thing. As soon as the battle starts, Chernabog won't really do anything for a few seconds - take this chance to attack the sides of neck and just go to town. You can take out half of his health if you really go for it, more if you're at a higher level. And I mean it when I say don't stop. You should have cast Aero as soon as the battle started, and keep attacking even when Chernabog starts spitting fire. The motion of him turning his head will push you aside, but simply attach yourself to the OTHER side of his neck and keep attacking, taking the damage his fire breath gives you - it's not that much damage, and he will eventually blow you away. Once that happens, THEN heal yourself or wait until Donald does.

4. Once he starts sending out those homing balls of light and slashing with his claws, aim for the TOP of his head. He'll blow you away more frequently, but it's safer than the sides of his neck at this point, since the balls of light tend to knock into you pretty hard, and you do not want to get pushed into the back area of his head.

I find that you can get away with a couple short trips to the back area of his head, in order to add major additional damage - use caution with this, however, because even if you're 'almost there', it's not worth having to start over once the game crashes. This only applies if you haven't died once already. If you're going at Chernabog for a second time after failing to defeat him once before, the second time around is a LOT less forgiving when it comes to the back of the head, and will crash as soon as you get the wings to start moving in front of the camera.

This glitch isn't going to be fixed any time soon, so I hope this helps.

I already added a solution that worked for me at the top of the main post. You should try that out to see if it works.
(08-24-2013, 08:57 AM)DrMaple Wrote: I already added a solution that worked for me at the top of the main post. You should try that out to see if it works.

Nope, didn't work for me. I already looked at every page, and all through Google to try to find a solution beforehand - nothing worked except for what I did.