Kingdom Hearts dropping to 12FPS during cutscenes
When I play Kingdom Hearts (the first one) everything plays smooth, and rarely any slow downs. However whenever the game plays a cutscene (or FMV) it drops down to 10FPS-12FPS randomly (only during the cutscene). I've got no idea why.

Sponsored links

do you have the "switch to software mode when fmv plays" fix enabled ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-24-2013, 12:28 AM)jesalvein Wrote: do you have the "switch to software mode when fmv plays" fix enabled ?

I just tried it and that works, but it looks really bad in comparison though. It is all jagged and everything.

Hardware Mode:
[Image: 0J92U6y.jpg]

Software Mode:
[Image: eaAdr0t.jpg]

Is there anything I can do to improve that or not? Like I said before it doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen sometimes only during cutscenes/FMV's.
actually, I thought that would be the problem if it was enabled Tongue2

I'm out of ideas, there...
Or maybe, since your GPU is quite bad, those scenes are a bit too intensive for it.
that would explain why software mode runs them better.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-24-2013, 01:19 AM)jesalvein Wrote: actually, I thought that would be the problem if it was enabled Tongue2

I'm out of ideas, there...
Or maybe, since your GPU is quite bad, those scenes are a bit too intensive for it.
that would explain why software mode runs them better.

Not really, 90% of the time whether I'm playing in-game or sitting through an FMV nothing lags or slows down. You're saying "that would explain why software mode runs them better", but the game (when in hardware mode) runs at 60FPS (or whatever the max is for it... I forget) and the slow downs only occur during FMV's at very specific times, I've got no idea why. Like it only happens at certain times in FMV's like that sun (in the picture slows it down badly). Even with a garbage GPU like this I shouldn't be having this much trouble with a game as low-end as KH (compared to other PS2 games that is).
Not much you can do, this cutscene just likes to cause lots of slowdown. It's pretty much the only one that will do it.
i5-3570k @4.7 GHz
GTX 570
Asus Z77 SABERTOOTH
12GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1666
Cooler Master Storm Scout & Corsair TX 650w