Kingdom Hearts using Keyboard?
(02-12-2013, 06:09 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: Lilypad doesn't work with a mouse unfortunately, or atleast not that great. The game Dirge of Cereberus also supports native keyboard + mouse, but you need an alternative plugin for that and I forgot which one that was. Look for my thread where I asked help for DOC perhaps you can find it in there.

That would be Nuvee (which works great for DoC actually)
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Thanks Bosit, yeah that was the one indeed and it indeed worked flawlessly Smile
(02-07-2013, 02:41 PM)Finzy Wrote: I play all emulators on keyboard only without probs. In fact I just beat Kingdom Hearts 2 with a keyboard on standard mode. Here's the setup I use for all games in general:

Left analog stick - W/A/S/D
Square - Numpad 4
Triangle - Numpad 8
Circle - Numpad 6
Cross - Numpad 5
Right analog stick Up/Down - Z/X
Right analog stick Left/Right - Numpad 1 / Numpad 2
R1 - Numpad 7
L1 - Numpad 9
R2 - E
L2 - F
R3 - R
L3 - G
Start - .
Select - ,
Directional buttons - 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (Up, down, left, right)

Alternative setups that allow for more control (I use this for Jpcsp Dissidia 012 and other more fast paced games if you need to navigate menus on directional buttons or need more camera control for whatever):

Directional buttons OR Right analog stick - J / I / L / K (Left, up, right, down)
Shoulder buttons (R1 etc) - keys in near vicinity
Action buttons - same as above or keys in near vicinity
Left analog stick - same as above

Hope that helps a bit. Personally I don't see an immediate need for a controller to play games. You just have to "emulate" how a PS2 pad would look like on a keyboard, and once you get to that mindset and get used to the keys you've set, it's no trouble at all. Main point is that you need two locations for your hands just like on a pad.

my config is simliar to yours but a bit of a twist.

I believe i found pretty much the best layout for Kingdom hearts configurations...its like i literally invited in the Kindgom Hearts for PC version. .. well all i did was change the L2 and R2 to the X Axis on the mouse, so whenever u tilt ur mouse left, the camera angles moves exactly as if you were playing a real RPG/MMORPG