Kuon and Oneechanbara
Don't worry, there won't be any problem in setting priority of pcsx2 to high, it just considers priority of pcsx2 far higher than the background processes so, your processor will spend more of it's potential on pcsx2. And, you would have to enter bios to disable Intel speed step.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

well thank you very much, the trick of task manager was useful, with hardware mode ( more high resolution, for same strange reason software mode is more slow and slow resolution ) I gained +20 fps ( averate rate in action gameplay is 35-45, before it was max 25-30 ). Kuon is become very smooth Smile

I not tryed real time priority but high only, real time priority seems risk of PC crash, its true ?

intel speed how many improve pcsx2 ?
(03-04-2015, 03:53 AM)archita Wrote: I not tryed real time priority but high only, real time priority seems risk of PC crash, its true ?

By my understanding (read: massive amounts of googling) setting a process to real-time puts it above pretty much everything else, including mouse and keyboard inputs. It could essentially render one's PC inoperable until a restart as pretty much nothing else is processed before it, but that would be only if they set the process priority to 'real-time' under all cores on the CPU.

What it boils down to, though, is don't do it. I think it only has a small set of practical uses, pretty sure none of them have any use to a regular user.

TL;DR - gives more processing time to the designated process; has potential to screw the system over with the only way to stop it is to either restart the PC or somehow get the process to close. Normal users need not use this setting for anything I can think of.
(03-04-2015, 03:53 AM)archita Wrote: intel speed how many improve pcsx2 ?
Disabling Intel speed step can prevent unnecceserary lags while gameplay.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Normally you don't need to set it to real time. Higher than normal or high is sufficient. You just want to have more priority than the normal processes. Taskmanager has a high priority. That's why it works even if some application is freezing.

Quote:to maximize EE and VU I put all 3 on 3

Please don't do that. While these sliders have to be set hardware and game depending maximizing both is normally not the optimum setting. First try the ee cycle rate hack. Later the vu cycle stealing hack. Always increase one indicator only by one. I guess you wouldn't need those speedhacks to an high extent since you have a quite nice cpu. Keep in mind that VU cycle stealing will cause wrong fps readings.

Can you please screenshot gsdx plugin settings with your current configuration and attach the full emulog after you observed slowdowns?
I noted that Kuon, Forbidden Siren and Fatal Frame have a decent frame rate, full speed sametime ( for example Fatal Frame go full speed in camera mode ), in action-fighting games the fps seems max 30-35 sametime, it often drops to 23-25 around.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Please change gs plugin from gsdx[*]sse2[*].dll to gsdx[*]avx[*].dll and set extra rendering threads in gsdx plugin settings to 3.

Report back fps and EE% and GS% during slowdowns. And please attach screenshot of your speedhacks tabpage in emulation settings.