LAAAAGGG!!!
it's a laptop all right.....i think that game you chosen is near 0% chances of obtaining smooth speeds you're stuck at halve FPS,don't expect miracles on it otherwise best to try other game that is lighter as CapSnk2 that are not demanding aside from R&C.

(10-05-2011, 06:08 AM)ShasGad Wrote: .....*****...ive got another comp as well its got 4gb ram, 2.73 Ghz processor, ATI Radeon HD 1gb graphics. is that good enough?

another laptop???if it's a desktop then is fair enough.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel

Sponsored links

Most importantly:

What type of CPU is it?
Pentium 4?
Core 2?
Core i?

What model Radeon?
Radeon HD ____
(10-05-2011, 06:07 AM)Rezard Wrote: I knew it was a laptop! Laugh
Look into whether or not your notebook in on power saving, or possibly getting hot andthrottling itself.

The 320M is actually a low-end GPU.

And 2.4Ghz is nothing too substantial, even with a Core i.

PCSX2 version and settings?
EE% and GS% when the game is slow?

Yeh i should've also mentioned before...its a MacBook7 running Windows 7 Ultimate on a bootcamp partition. It was in balanced, not high performance or power saving. Its a Duo Core not i.
(10-05-2011, 06:10 AM)tallbender Wrote: it's a laptop all right.....i think that game you chosen is near 0% chances of obtaining smooth speeds you're stuck at halve FPS,don't expect miracles on it otherwise best to try other game that is lighter as CapSnk2 that are not demanding aside from R&C.

another laptop???if it's a desktop then is fair enough.

Yeh its another laptop. whats the difference? sorry im not really too good with computers and whatnot.
laptops have like half the performance than a desktop of same hardware. i have a x4 955 @3.7ghz /w hd 5770 and its still demanding (minor slowdowns) ratchet & clank series games really require a decent processor
CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz http://valid.canardpc.com/2607863
MOBO: Asrock Z75 Pro 3
RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaw X 1333mhz DDR3 ram.
GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 @ 1200/1450 clocks http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kasmr/

[Image: 57b2818f7d1b5841.png]
Laptops are typically weaker, come with their own potential issues, and are most often not equipped for gaming. This is not saying that any and all are not capable, but you'll tend to find yourself on the lower side of what's out there, while PS2 emulation requires the higher side of things in general.

Now, to say "laptops have like half the performance than a desktop of same hardware" does imply the right idea (i.e. a GeForce 9600 GT is considerably better than the 9600M GT), but it isn't always that far off. In some cases, like a CPU of the same arch and same Ghz, there isn't a real difference to speak of.

Simply put, you'll face more obstacles when going for PS2 emulation on a laptop, including higher prices to have the performance of a cheaper desktop.
laptop is dwarf computer and has disadvantage because it's a small computer,small powerhouse then performance is a mimimun and less heat ventilation.
standard desktop has a all-out performance engine especially on maximum heat ventilation...and the maximum powerhouse as well.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(10-05-2011, 06:44 AM)Rezard Wrote: Laptops are typically weaker, come with their own potential issues, and are most often not equipped for gaming. This is not saying that any and all are not capable, but you'll tend to find yourself on the lower side of what's out there, while PS2 emulation requires the higher side of things in general.

Now, to say "laptops have like half the performance than a desktop of same hardware" does imply the right idea (i.e. a GeForce 9600 GT is considerably better than the 9600M GT), but it isn't always that far off. In some cases, like a CPU of the same arch and same Ghz, there isn't a real difference to speak of.

Simply put, you'll face more obstacles when going for PS2 emulation on a laptop, including higher prices to have the performance of a cheaper desktop.

i heard a 6990m is about as powerful as a normal 5850 card. so... it sounds about right for at least GPU's.... i personally dont own a laptop so. lolTongue
CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz http://valid.canardpc.com/2607863
MOBO: Asrock Z75 Pro 3
RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaw X 1333mhz DDR3 ram.
GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 @ 1200/1450 clocks http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kasmr/

[Image: 57b2818f7d1b5841.png]
Of course thehighest end thing for mobiles isn't as good as the highest end thing for desktops.

What you suggested was "half" the performance. That is a drastic overstatement in your example. That's just about the difference of a single stage higher (x800 to x900). Although, if you wanna say the 6990M is about half the card as the desktop variant, then that's fair (dual GPU vs single GPU).

Another example: A desktop GT 220 is about identical to a mobile GT 230M. This is, again, one stage higher for the mobile's model number, but compares to a desktop one stage lower. Also, a desktop GT 230 isn't anywhere near twice the card as the mobile.

I'm not saying the concept you've mentioned is incorrect, just that the twice/double/half is a bit drastic in most comparisons. Mobiles aren't dumbed down that bad these days, but you certainly won't see the most powerful desktop units with equating mobile ones. Smile
In present time, only middle and high end notebook meigh play pcsx2 with decent/full FPS except very demanding games and capable to use at least 2x native res and of course since MTVU hack and other speedhacks have significant help for Triple/Quadcore cpu. My expectation for 2012 year we may see significant step especially with new gpu 28nm then many low-middle notebook user can play pcsx2 well in many games with 2x-3x and more native res can be used.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.