LAN play trough VPN (Hamachi, Radmin VPN etc..)
Hello!

I'm using PCSX2 version 1.5.0 with DEV9 plugin (GiGaHeRz's DEV9 Driver 0.4.0 [DEV9ghzdrk]) and I have managed to get my favourite ps2 game Conflict: Global Terror to work over LAN. I'm hosting the game and my other computer in the same network with same PCSX2 build can find and join the session. It's working like a charm Excl

For network configuration I used PlayStation 2 Network Adaptor Start-Up disk. I configured my LAN adapter with automatic settings.

Now i'm wondering how can i get Lan play work trough VPN connection like Hamachi or Radmin VPN. I have tried to change network adapter to Hamachi and do new network configuration trough network adaptor disk. This time I manually input the network configuration and for DNS I used 1.1.1.1. Configuration gets connection successfully. Friend has exactly the same configuration, but this time cannot find the game that I hosted. From Hamachi our computers see each other and ping goes trough. We also disabled Windows Firewalls for test, but no luck.

Any idea what network configuration should I do to get LAN working over VPN? I'm little bit lost what exactly should I configure and where?  Blush

Thank you!

Sponsored links

It's an old guide but should work with current versions too.

https://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=52548
This guide did it! I Actually needed to download newer version of DEV9 plugin (GiGaHeRz's DEV9 0.4.0 [DEV9ghzdrk-1.4rel]) from the pcsx2.net so I could get the pcap bridge mode to show up in ethernet devices. And if somebody is wondering, the guide states that you should leave "Use auto DNS" to Yes. In network access disk there were no auto DNS option, so i leaved DNS to 0.0.0.0 and it worked. Thanks!
(03-03-2020, 04:48 PM)Sakhard Wrote: This guide did it! I Actually needed to download newer version of DEV9 plugin (GiGaHeRz's DEV9 0.4.0 [DEV9ghzdrk-1.4rel]) from the pcsx2.net so I could get the pcap bridge mode to show up in ethernet devices. And if somebody is wondering, the guide states that you should leave "Use auto DNS" to Yes. In network access disk there were no auto DNS option, so i leaved DNS to 0.0.0.0 and it worked. Thanks!
I can also try to play this game with you online sometime. Although i am pretty sure it won't be that good due to higher pings.
(03-03-2020, 04:48 PM)Sakhard Wrote: This guide did it! I Actually needed to download newer version of DEV9 plugin (GiGaHeRz's DEV9 0.4.0 [DEV9ghzdrk-1.4rel]) from the pcsx2.net so I could get the pcap bridge mode to show up in ethernet devices. And if somebody is wondering, the guide states that you should leave "Use auto DNS" to Yes. In network access disk there were no auto DNS option, so i leaved DNS to 0.0.0.0 and it worked. Thanks!

Thanks for letting us know, i m also looking for this solution but first i read an article on how to use a vpn as i just bought it to play on LAN through a VPN to reduce ping then found out this https://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=52548 but confused what to do.
That's not possible LAN is a local area network. VPN works on WAN. Because gets through your gateway.
You mean to say it won't work on LAN, so wat should i do buy a wifi router?
(03-10-2020, 01:34 PM)noisygirlkk Wrote: Thanks for letting us know, i m also looking for this solution but first i read an article on how to use a vpn as i just bought it to play on LAN through a VPN to reduce ping then found out this https://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=52548 but confused what to do.

LAN game should work with any VPN as long it has been configured correctly. When you have installed the newest version of DEV9 plugin in your PSXC plugins folder, in PCSX you should first go to Config -> Plugin/BIOS detector and make sure that the new DEV9 plugin is enabled (select it from the DEV9 dropdown menu).

After that choose "Configure.." next to DEV9 and from here make sure that Ethernet is enabled and Ethernet Device is "pcap bridge: (your VPN device)". Mine has "pcap bridge: LogMeIn Inc." 

Now configure your network settings with network disk:

Use DHCP: No
IP Address: Same as your VPN ip address.
Netmask: 255.0.0.0
Default Router: 25.0.0.1
DNS: 0.0.0.0

Ask if you need any more assistance for this, I'll gladly help.
Can i use console to connect to the lan server. Can somebody tell me how to do this with real console. After setting up radmin.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go