Poll: IS this thread helpful to you? YES or NO?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES! Smile
84.40%
92 84.40%
NO! Sad
15.60%
17 15.60%
Total 109 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[LIST] Games that don't need a strong CPU to emulate!
i stated that the cpu playing the game must be under 1350 in cpubenchmark, but noone is giving me the cpu model or settings for the games he/she listed.
@fishckopf you're on an e8400 OC, wtf?
this is a thread for low end pcs only.
i also need confirmation from vsub if all those games work full speed on his P4, so i can add them to the list.
@Game what are your pc specs?
[Image: signaturel.jpg]

Sponsored links

First off, I do very much agree with your idea here. There should really be a place for those with low-end PC to look into what they MIGHT be able to play.

Fischkopf, Try not to take this the wrong way, but you shouldn't really post here when speaking of your experiences with those specs. I understand you want to help (as do I), but you can't say "for sure", or at least from experience that those games WILL play on low-end rigs As you can see, someone with low-end specs has already disagreed with Dark Cloud, and I personally can barely play Tekken 4 at 55-60fps as of recent updates, and my CPU is considered high-end by the standards set by the OP. Again, don't take this the wrong way, I'm sure everyone greatly appreciates your desire to help/contribute.

I would like to make one point though. The concept of basing what is a low-end on standard PC benchmarking may be a good "rule of thumb" for those who don't feel they're in any place to determine where their hardware stands, you should consider the flaws when comparing what a PC can do in this case (PCSX2) to what it can do at it's best (using all cores/threads potentially with program/games running in the enviroment they were made for) You can see that with Rank #94, a Core i7 720QM scoring 3,237, which wouldn't prove as useful with PCSX2 as a Core 2 Duo T9600 (#174) with a score of 2,002.

I suggest going with your own "System Limit" for determining what qualifies as "Low-end". Maybe base it of the recommended requirements for PCSX2. How about something like this:

"Low-end" System Limits

Intel Core 2 Duo / Core i3 @ 2.0Ghz to 2.53Ghz (maybe 2.4?)
Intel Core i5 / i6 / i7 @ 2.13Ghz or less (few may not apply)
AMD Phenom II / Athlon II (X2, X3 or X4) @ 2.2Ghz to 2.8Ghz (maybe 2.66?)

Does this seem about right? Kinda based it off everything (normal recommendations/requirements, your linked benchmarks, what I've read and what I've experienced) Not too sure off the top of my head on GPU, but system RAM should still be 512mb (XP) or 1gb (Vista or 7).
(04-27-2010, 08:31 PM)GundamQuatro Wrote: i also need confirmation from vsub if all those games work full speed on his P4, so i can add them to the list.

People running low end systems shouldn't expect full speed on their systems, specially on 3d games hoping for full speed all the time is probably not gonna happen. It's not like you can't play when you get lower speeds...
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I have pentium dual [email protected] Ghz ,2GB RAM and Ati Radeon X1550.So is this low end,I ask you?Of course it is.
(04-27-2010, 08:48 PM)Game Wrote: I have pentium dual [email protected] Ghz ,2GB RAM and Ati Radeon X1550.So is this low end,I ask you?Of course it is.

Well, I guess you must be replying to me? As for your "low-end" system, of course it's low-end. So is my Acer Travelmate 4010. So is that old PC I got from my aunt with a 66Mhz processor or something. I'm only considering what the PCSX2 needs in the first place. I wouldn't expect playable speeds of your PC for any 3D game. For that reason, I wouldn't even consider it "Low-end" FOR PCSX2. I'd call it a "No-Go". If I'm wrong, what games can you run at playable speeds?
Tetris ! Just kiddin..

Phantasy Star 1 & 2 remakes are pretty light. The problem is that they are in japanese. it wasn't released on Us or Europe.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

here are a few more games:

megaman collection
guilty gear series
capcom vs nsync

moslty 2d games are perfect to run on low end systems
I assure you Final Fantasy X plays at 97 % most of the time.The lowest was 60 %.It's all about sett. and speedhacks.
As for PC my sys. runs all games on low.
Speedhacks fake fps. It says full speed (or close to, lol), but the game is close to dieing.
(04-27-2010, 09:46 PM)Game Wrote: I assure you Final Fantasy X plays at 97 % most of the time.The lowest was 60 %.It's all about sett. and speedhacks.
As for PC my sys. runs all games on low.

It is good to know you can play FFX so well on that. Care to share your config/hacks? Got a friend with a bit better specs who should then be able to play no problem. Smile

Either way, confirming this will help a lot. Much appreciated. Smile BTW Anything else play well for you?

I plan on getting a lower-end laptop for my GF (well, an upgrade from that Acer) and would love to be able to contribute. This list will definitely help me on deciding what will do, as my GF doesn't care to have (or spend Smile) so much.