Poll: IS this thread helpful to you? YES or NO?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES! Smile
84.40%
92 84.40%
NO! Sad
15.60%
17 15.60%
Total 109 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[LIST] Games that don't need a strong CPU to emulate!
(04-27-2010, 10:12 PM)rama Wrote: Speedhacks fake fps. It says full speed (or close to, lol), but the game is close to dieing.

This game plays very well with speedhacks, only VU Cycle Stealing gives fake FPS but it doesn't really speed up and breaks stuff in some places so it's not worth using. I got to play the game pretty fine on my E2160 at stock speeds (1.8GHz) and this was even before the speedy betas, well was pretty fast with the exception of some battles and scenes that is.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Yea, I imagine it'll work with hacks on but you know how it is.
You keep VU cycle steal off, but everyone else will be "it's only on slight!", and count it as "okay" hack Tongue2
I have an

i7 920
ATi Radeon 4850
4GB DDR3

To get my system to reach the requirements of the 1350 passmark score, I underclocked my i7 920 to 2.12GHz and I disabled every core except for one so it was a single core cpu. I also enabled hyperthreading so it was basically a single core hyperthreaded cpu. The Passmark score of it got was 1316.

I was able to play

Kingdom Hearts 2 at 50-60 fps with only a few random rare drops to the 40s
Devil May Cry 1 from 30-60 It stayed in the 40s for the most part.
Resident Evil 4 40-60FPS

I had all speedhacks except for the VU cycle stealing option on. I was running the games at the native resolution even though I could upscale it to higher resolutions without losing performance.
(04-27-2010, 10:12 PM)Rezard Wrote:
(04-27-2010, 09:46 PM)Game Wrote: I assure you Final Fantasy X plays at 97 % most of the time.The lowest was 60 %.It's all about sett. and speedhacks.
As for PC my sys. runs all games on low.

It is good to know you can play FFX so well on that. Care to share your config/hacks? Got a friend with a bit better specs who should then be able to play no problem. Smile

Either way, confirming this will help a lot. Much appreciated. Smile BTW Anything else play well for you?

I plan on getting a lower-end laptop for my GF (well, an upgrade from that Acer) and would love to be able to contribute. This list will definitely help me on deciding what will do, as my GF doesn't care to have (or spend Smile) so much.

I have all enabled at cpu,and fram. limit. to normal.Speedhacks 1.5 cycle rate,enable IOP cycle rate,Idle loop fast foward,status flag hack,and two times from left vu cycle stealing
(04-27-2010, 08:48 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote:
(04-27-2010, 08:31 PM)GundamQuatro Wrote: i also need confirmation from vsub if all those games work full speed on his P4, so i can add them to the list.

People running low end systems shouldn't expect full speed on their systems, specially on 3d games hoping for full speed all the time is probably not gonna happen. It's not like you can't play when you get lower speeds...

i get what you're saying. i consider playable games in the list if they are 100% and dip down to 75% or maybe 60% speed sometime.

@bkwegoharder thanks for the contribution! i'll consider this, but i want low-enders who have these games to also test the games, so i can confirm fully.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I updated the list with ffx since i get a lot of people saying it runs close to full fps...
i'm about to add more games later as i get more proof. thx so much for the contributions Smile
[Image: signaturel.jpg]
Very Good jobs @GundamQuatro.I shall provide you my list as well(framelimit = 70FPS,the one I don't say anything ->mean fullspeed)
7 Blade (45-70FPS)By Capcom
Aoi Shiro
Chobits :Chi Dake no Hito
Dragonball Z Infinite World
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3(36-70)
Elminage Yami No Fujo To Kamigami No Yubiwa
Fate Unlimited Codes(30-70FPS)
Fate Stay Night Realta Nua
Final fantasy X&XII
Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn Dream Hyper Battle
Kessen III(38-70FPS)
Kingdom Heart 2 (40-70)
Kyuuketsu Kitan Moonties
Moe Moe 2 Ji Daisenryaku 2
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 5
Night Shade(40-70FPS)
Odin Sphere
One Piece Grand Adventure(30-70FPS)
Samurai Warriors 2 Empire(Sengoku Musou 2 Empire)(30-70FPS,slowdown randomly)
School Rumble Ni-Gakki
Sekirei Mirai Kara no Okurimono
Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes(45-70)
Sengoku Basara 2(45-70)
Shinobi
Soul Calibur 3(37-70)
Soul Eater
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash Up
Tekken 5(34-70)
Trigger Heart Exelica Enhanced
Warriors Orochi 2(Musou Orochi 2)(36-70FPS,slowdown randomly)
Intel Dual Core E5300 @ 3.6GHz / 3.9GHz
2x2GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz -> 800MHz (underclocked)
Asus Nvidia 9800GT
Windows 8 x64
(04-28-2010, 03:10 PM)wiiandps2 Wrote: Very Good jobs @GundamQuatro.I shall provide you my big list as well(framlimit = 70FPS,the one I don't say anything ->mean fullspeed)
Aoi Shiro
Final fantasy X&XII

is it you admin89? by the way thanks for the games. what settings do you use for them?
(04-28-2010, 03:10 PM)wiiandps2 Wrote: Very Good jobs @GundamQuatro.I shall provide you my big list as well(framlimit = 70FPS,the one I don't say anything ->mean fullspeed)
Aoi Shiro
Final fantasy X&XII

Your is considered Mid-range PC (to me) , that's why even FF XII can run full speed in your situation.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(04-28-2010, 03:30 PM)ikazu Wrote:
Aoi Shiro
Final fantasy X&XII

Your is considered Mid-range PC (to me) , that's why even FF XII can run full speed in your situation.
his grafx card is mid to high range.
but his cpu is slow, it's a pentium d, weak dual core processor, came after pentium 4.
my processor beats it, but my grafx card bottlenecks it so i would probably get lower speeds than him. but let's face it. u need an actual dedicated card to play at good fps, especially on low-end pcs like his
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
list updated
(04-28-2010, 03:29 PM)GundamQuatro Wrote: what settings do you use for them?
Oop! I forgot to add,It's a special edition which is not support by PCSX2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Intel Dual Core E5300 @ 3.6GHz / 3.9GHz
2x2GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz -> 800MHz (underclocked)
Asus Nvidia 9800GT
Windows 8 x64