[LIST] Games that may not work well with MTVU
Here I will keep a list of games that actually suffer or break when the MTVU speedhack is enabled. Let me know of any you've come across.

Other relevant links:
The most CPU intensive games - by NarooN
The most GPU intensive games - by Blyss Sarania

Note: There seems to be some discrepancy between different processors. I'm not sure if it's the brand yet, or the overall speed of the processor. But it seems like people have more MTVU Slowdown with AMD processors than Intel. Broken games should be CPU independent.

Slowdown:
Crimson Sea 2 (Reported by vsub - Intel i7 4771)
Dawn of Mana (Reported by vsub - Intel i7 4771)
Eureka Seven vol. 2: The New Vision (Reported by masterotaku - i5 4670k @ 4.4Ghz)
Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows (Reported by vsub - Intel i7 4771)
Inuyasha: Feudal Combat (Reported by S.Sakash - Intel i7 4770)
Jade Cocoon 2 (Reported by hellbringer616 - AMD A8-6800k)
James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing (Reported by Oemenia)
Legacy of Kain: Defiance (Reported by vsub - Intel i7 4771)
Malice (Reported by vsub - Intel i7 4771)
Mystic Heroes (Reported by vsub - Intel i7 4771)
Odin Sphere (Reported by vsub - Intel i7 4771)
Shadow of the Colossus (Reported by jesalvein)
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (Reported by vsub - Intel i7 4771)
Shining Force Neo (Reported by vsub - Intel i7 4771)
Sly Cooper and the Theivius Raccoonus (Reported by vsub - Intel i7 4771)
Steambot Chronicles (Reported by Sifright - i5 3570k @ 3.6Ghz)
Tales of Legendia (Reported by vsub - Intel i7 4771)
WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain (Mild slowdown reported by Brock lessner -  i5 3570k @ 3.4Ghz)
Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht (Reported by Blyss Sarania - AMD FX 6300 @ 4.12Ghz)
Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra (Reported by vsub - Intel i7 4771)
Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner (Reported by vsub - Intel i7 4771)

Glitches or broken:
Baroque (Won't boot with MTVU enabled. Reported by Topken)
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (Broken. Reported by refraction)
Crash Nitro Kart (Broken. Reported by Coornio)
Def Jam: Fight for New York (Hangs before title screen. Reported by indianchan)
DT Racer (Reports infinite loop Reported by refraction)
FIFA Street (Won't boot with MTVU. Reported by lightningterror)
FIFA Street 2 (Won't boot with MTVU. Reported by jesalvein)
FIFA 10 (Won't boot with MTVU. Reported By Ryudo)
Fight Night Round 3 (Crashes. Reported by shogunreaper)
Gradius V (Black screen. Reported by billyash)
Grandia Xtreme (Graphical glitches. Reported by jesalvein)
Hugo - Magic in the Trollwoods (Graphical glitches. Reported by hoveringfoil)
James Bond 007: Nightfire (Broken. Reported by refraction)
LUPIN III - Lupin la morte, Zenigata l'amore (Reported by utente2012)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Reported by vsub)
Medal of Honor Rising Sun (Crashes at the first loading screen. Reported by Robbie207)
MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch (Won't boot with MTVU. Reported by Donovan24)
NBA Street Vol. 2 (Hangs. Reported by tegez)
Sled Storm (Black screen. Reported by GeoMan)
Soul Reaver 2 (Crashes after 10 minutes when you enter the church. Reported by Robbie207)
Summon Night Gran-These: Horobi no Ken to Yakusoku no Kishi (Black screen. Reported by yxmline)
Thrillville (Black screen. Reported by monsterjamp)
TimeSplitters 2 (Broken. Reported by refraction)
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect (Slowdown and graphical glitches. Reported by NarooN)
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Reported by refraction)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (Broken. Reported by GeoMan)
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (Reported by refraction)
Tony Hawk's Underground (Reported by refraction)
Wallace & Gromit in Project Zoo (Reported by refraction)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monster Coliseum. (Broken. Reported by Coornio)
X-men Legends 2 (Broken. Reported by Coornio)

Somewhat fixed, or fixed:

Thanks for all the reports! Please include the CPU you are using for slowdown reports!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

I appear to have some slowdowns in Ty the Tasmanian Tiger while using MTVU, though that might be due to the fact I have a Core 2 Duo.
(10-20-2013, 09:24 AM)Rassane Wrote: I appear to have some slowdowns in Ty the Tasmanian Tiger while using MTVU, though that might be due to the fact I have a Core 2 Duo.

If it runs better without it, it's still notable. Does it cause slowdowns in other games on your setup? Even if you only have 1 core, you are still doing the same amount of work in different threads. I guess it's possible that some of the overhead introduced by multithreading could cause it to be doing more work.

I.E. No MTVU, 1 core, 100% work
MTVU 1 core, 110% work
MTVU 2 core, 70%, 40%

Or something.

Dev comments?
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
No, MTVU doesn't cause slowdowns on my setup, it usually just fixes some microstuttering or does nothing obvious
Black screen on Gradius V , when mtvu enabled
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
Thanks guys, keep it coming!
Not working with MTVU:

X-men Legends 2
Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monster Coliseum.
Crash Nitro Kart

Now i don't know about slowdowns with MTVU and Crash Bandicoot - WOC, it runs pretty flawlessly for me here. If only that game's fog worked properly, using skipdraw to remove it messes up quite a few things Sad
(10-20-2013, 10:12 AM)Coornio Wrote: Not working with MTVU:

X-men Legends 2
Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monster Coliseum.
Crash Nitro Kart

Now i don't know about slowdowns with MTVU and Crash Bandicoot - WOC, it runs pretty flawlessly for me here. If only that game's fog worked properly, using skipdraw to remove it messes up quite a few things Sad

It slows it down for me, it may be a matter of what I mentioned above: that it might create some amount more work which some processors can cope with and others cant. I think I'll add the CPU to the report where possible.

I read first to use Skipdraw = 3 for CBWOC but that messed up a lot. Skipdraw = 4 and I only have a small issue in the underwater levels where occasionally a small version of the screen is in the top left corner. F9 twice will fix it usually. Also part of the rolly ball thing Crash is in in some levels doesn't display. That's all I've noticed so far.
(10-20-2013, 10:19 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: It slows it down for me, it may be a matter of what I mentioned above: that it might create some amount more work which some processors can cope with and other's cant.

I read first to use Skipdraw = 3 for CBWOC but that messed up a lot. Skipdraw = 4 and I only have a small issue in the underwater levels where occasionally a small version of the screen is in the top left corner. F9 twice will fix it usually.

I don't mean to go off topic, but have you reached the later levels that have those annoying dark areas? Back when i still had a phenom, i had to go to 10 fps software rendering to see anything, because in hardware rendering everything but the robot was pitch black. I lost my saves too, and i don't want to play this game yet, rather hoping some revision will one day work wonders for these pesky fog/shadow issues Tongue

EDIT: just tried CBWOC, i really do get double the FPS with MTVU. 60-70 in x3 hardware rendering, 110-130 with it ON.
(10-20-2013, 10:22 AM)Coornio Wrote: I don't mean to go off topic, but have you reached the later levels that have those annoying dark areas? Back when i still had a phenom, i had to go to 10 fps software rendering to see anything, because in hardware rendering everything but the robot was pitch black. I lost my saves too, and i don't want to play this game yet, rather hoping some revision will one day work wonders for these pesky fog/shadow issues Tongue

Only played through level 10 so far.