[LIST] Games that may not work well with MTVU
Glad you made this thread, it will come in handy for people who are interested in knowing the compatibility of MTVU hack. Smile

I'm pretty sure I have experienced some anomalies in other games with the hack enabled, so I will do some testing across many of the games I have later today and report back here with any findings.

Sponsored links

(10-20-2013, 10:22 AM)Coornio Wrote: I don't mean to go off topic, but have you reached the later levels that have those annoying dark areas? Back when i still had a phenom, i had to go to 10 fps software rendering to see anything, because in hardware rendering everything but the robot was pitch black. I lost my saves too, and i don't want to play this game yet, rather hoping some revision will one day work wonders for these pesky fog/shadow issues Tongue

EDIT: just tried CBWOC, i really do get double the FPS with MTVU. 60-70 in x3 hardware rendering, 110-130 with it ON.

6x, framelimiter off. Skipdraw = 4

MTVU 33 FPS:
[Image: mtvu_zps458abcc5.png]

No MTVU 62 FPS:
[Image: no_zps90aa8474.png]

Note the scene isn't quite the same because changing MTVU with game running crashed it. Anyway, I get double with it OFF. AMD processor for me, how about you? Intel I bet.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Different architectures give different results is why he gets better fps with MTVU and you don't, I suppose
(10-20-2013, 11:08 AM)Rassane Wrote: Different architectures give different results is why he gets better fps with MTVU and you don't, I suppose

Yes if Coornio confirms he is Intel then I will add a note about the discrepancy in the OP. I read about this MTVU Intel/AMD discrepancy for Xenosaga in another thread too. But we can't ignore it. Whether it's caused by the processor or the hack itself, if it makes a slowdown, it is of note. Plenty of folks use AMD, after all. We will just make a note "MTVU seems to play nicer with Intel Processors." or something.

However the BROKEN reports should be CPU independent.

Also it's 4am, I'm going to bed.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-20-2013, 11:12 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Yes if Coornio confirms he is Intel then I will add a note about the discrepancy in the OP. I read about this MTVU Intel/AMD discrepancy for Xenosaga in another thread too. But we can't ignore it. Whether it's caused by the processor or the hack itself, if it makes a slowdown, it is of note. Plenty of folks use AMD, after all. We will just make a note "MTVU seems to play nicer with Intel Processors." or something.

However the BROKEN reports should be CPU independent.

Also it's 4am, I'm going to bed.

I am on an Intel i5 now. I ran a phenom II x4 945 before though. I cannot say for sure whether MTVU helped or not now, since besides not having that CPU any more, i'm not looking forward to disassembling my case either Tongue
I know 2 games with problems. They work good when you turn MTVU off.

Medal of Honor Rising Sun: Crashes at the first loading screen
Soul Reaver 2: Crashes after 10 minutes when you enter the church
I updated the first post with info about slowdown. I'm not sure yet if it's just the AMD processors that are having slow down, or just slower processors.
I'm currently doing some testing and here is what I found out:

Spyro: A hero's tail - works normally with MTVU (no boost, no slowdown) or MTVU gives me a slowdown of 0.2-0.3FPS
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger - apparently doesn't cause a slowdown but makes my FPS fluctuate more (on 3x native with no MTVU I get 32-33FPS, with MTVU 30-35)

..and this is when ***** stopped working. Gamepad, PCSX2, graphics card is going crazy.
A well spent hour! I give up.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Grandia-Xtreme--27539
just to add Grandia Xtreme to gfx glitches when using MTVU hack
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
OKAGE Shadow King apparently has issues with the MTVU and random FPS drops on my i5 3570K at stock with both hardware and software mode as without MTVU i do not seem to have issues in either. and the game is apparently GPU heavy as well as my NVIDIA GTX 660 TI seems to have issues running the game at 2x-3x but that was with MTVU without MTVU I do not seem to get any FPS drops at 3x. So not sure but this game doesn't seem to like MTVU all that much.