[LIST] The Most CPU-Intensive Games
Tekken 5 was running fullspeed on most stages with a Phenom II X4 3,4 Ghz - so I would not say that it is very CPU intensive

But Tekken Tag is!

Sponsored links

What would be considered cpu intensive because I think the difficulty of emulation is somewhat subjective. I mean to some people kingdom hearts is cpu intensive while even GOW and GOW II may not be considered all that hard to run to someone else. So my question is what are your standards for a certain game to be considered cpu intensive?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
This is a tricky one to answer since we're basically dealing with two different x86 companies who have totally different architectures and chips. As somewhat-outlined in the original post, the goal here is to compile a list of games that are heavy on the EE -- including games that have abnormal dips (10+fps drops for seemingly no reason) in certain areas, games with hard to emulate cutscenes, games that require software mode to function properly, etc. Typically I'm saying for the AMD side, if it requires a modern AMD chip (Athlon II/Phenom II/Stars, Piledriver) @ speeds ~3.8+ghz and still has slowdowns, or for the Intel side, Sandy/Ivy Bridge/Haswell @ ~beyond 4ghz to perform properly, then it's probably EE intensive.

There are lots of low-end chips out there and I think the list would become mega-cluttered if we factored them in. This is generally from the viewpoint of people with "decent to ridiculous" CPU's.
(11-14-2013, 08:25 PM)NarooN Wrote: This is generally from the viewpoint of people with "decent to ridiculous" CPU's.

Lol!

I think it's the same as I answered Nobbs for my thread(roughly the same question, but for GPU).

If it has requirements that are significantly beyond average, than I would consider it demanding.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yes, that right there^! "Demanding" doesn't necessarily mean "i5-4670k overclocked to 7.1Ghz on LN2!" or anything, it just means anything that requires an above-average and beyond load on the CPU.
Aren't all of the NFS games extremely demanding?
Delta Force Black Hawk Down, and Delta Force Black Hawk Down Team Sabre, need a high end CPU to run, I got an Intel Core I7 2600(non-K) 3.40GHz turbo boost up to 4.00GHz and isn't good enough to run it, only get 25-45 fps.
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor (Overclocked to 4.6GHz)
Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A
GPU: x2, ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Extreme (SLI)
RAM: 16 GB
HD: x1, 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, x1, 2TB SSHD, x1, 4TB Seagate Backup Plus, x1, 1TB Seagate External
OS: Windows 10 64-bit (Upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit)
Crash n' burn (E),
Guitar hero,
Yu Yu Hakusho-Dark tournament .
I agree tekken 5 isn't heavy coz my phenom ii 3,6Ghz and ati hd 5770 able play at fullspeed
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
List updated, some titles added, Tekken 5 removed.
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2 - Band of Thieves
Sly 3 - Honor Among Thieves

These are all very demanding and have similar requirements to Jak and Ratchet.