LOTR Issues
Hello Guys! New one here.

Having a single problem with LOTR: Return of the King. The text in menu, does not show. I read in a Closed Thread that changing the GS Direct3d9 to OpenGL, the problem would be solve, but when i did it occur and error (3) Cant set the pixel format, next comes the message telling that the GPS Plug-in fail to load, that i have not compatible ou sufficient hardware/drivers. I click OK and it sent me to Plugin Settings Panel. Anyone can help me!?

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
(01-08-2018, 05:23 PM)CK1 Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Here it goes! 

PCSX2 1.4.0-20160105132032- compiled on Jan  5 2016
Savestate version: 0x9a0b0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System =  Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Physical RAM     =  4096 MB
CPU name         =  Intel® Core™ i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Vendor/Model     =  GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed        =  2.492 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType         =  Standard OEM
x86Flags         =  bfebfbff 7fbae3bf
x86EFlags        =  28100000

x86 Features Detected:
SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding   GS: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-ssse3.dll 
Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3 3.0)
Binding  PAD: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\lilypad.dll 
Binding SPU2: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\spu2-x.dll 
Binding CDVD: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\cdvdGigaherz.dll 
Binding  USB: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\USBnull.dll 
Binding   FW: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\FWnull.dll 
Binding DEV9: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\DEV9null.dll 
Plugins loaded successfully.

(GameDB) 9693 games on record (loaded in 327ms)
HLE Notice: ELF does not have a path.

Initializing plugins...
Init GS
Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 3 3.0)
Init PAD
Init SPU2
Init CDVD
Init USB
Init FW
Init DEV9
Plugins initialized successfully.

Opening plugins...
Opening GS
Opening PAD
Opening SPU2
Current Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware mode)
Failed to create a 3.x context
OpenGL information. GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 OpenGL Engine. Vendor: Intel Inc.. Driver: INTEL-10.25.17
OpenGL 3.3 is not supported. Only OpenGL 0.0
 was found Opening CDVD
isoFile open ok: C:\users\Carlota\Desktop\The Lord of the Rings 3 - Return of the King (USA)
Image type  = DVD
 * CDVD Disk Open: DVD, Single layer or unknown:
 * * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (2225312 sectors)
Opening USB
Opening FW
Opening DEV9
Current Renderer: OpenGL (Hardware mode)
Failed to create a 3.x context
OpenGL information. GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 OpenGL Engine. Vendor: Intel Inc.. Driver: INTEL-10.25.17
OpenGL 3.3 is not supported. Only OpenGL 0.0
 was foundClosing plugins...
Closing DEV9
Closing FW
Closing USB
Closing CDVD
Closing SPU2
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugins shutdown successfully.
(pxActionEvent) GS plugin failed to open!(thread:MTGS)(thread:EE Core)
Path: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2.dll' (error 1: invalid function.)
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files\PCSX2 1.4.0\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2.dll
Go to the Intel website and install the latest GPU drivers. It doesn't look like you have any installed.
(01-08-2018, 08:03 PM)CK1 Wrote: Go to the Intel website and install the latest GPU drivers. It doesn't look like you have any installed.

Here's the deal. I forgot to say that I am using Wineskin on a Macbook Pro 13 (mid 2012) with Intel core i5 2,5GHz. 

P.S.: Have no ideia of what does it mean! But

P.S.2.: I can play in full speed with the Hardware mode on Direct3d9, but without the text. Using the Software mode of D3D9, the text is showed, but in 30%-40% of speed. None of OpelGl modes are able.
I'm not really familiar with WINE, sorry. I guess you could try DX11, but otherwise that's as far as you'll get.
Apple decided to stop supporting openGL on 2011. It was too expensive to pay 1 engineer for it. Tbh, they try their best to avoid cross-platform compatibility and here the result.

So I will suggest to try the version 1.5 maybe it would work better. Otherwise sell your mac and buy a real PC (Apple doesn't need your money).