LOTR: The Return of the King (PAL) - Should run at 25 or 50 fps?
Hi, first post here.

My machine is an i5 8400 and GTX 1060 6GB, and I've tested Jackass the game and I get 60 fps, I can tell it runs very smooth.
I also own The Return of The King (PAL), which I've dumped to an iso, and in the window bar it says it is running at 50 fps but it is not smooth like 50 fps, I'd say it's displaying like 25 fps. I mean it is not smooth, but framerate is very stable. It is something to do with interlacing? I've tried all modes (F5) with no difference, and OGL, DX9 and DX11 both HW and SW modes.

Or it is supposed to display 25 fps?

Here is an screenshot:

https://s13.postimg.org/f93k3f9fb/TROTK.jpg

Thanks in advance (and sorry for my english).

Sponsored links

What PCSX2 version are you using?

Can you also post your GSdx settings?
50 Hz is the framerate of the emulation. The actual game runs at 25 FPS(PCSX2 does not display the game FPS). Wink
Wow, that was fast!

I forgot to mention I'm using 1.5.0-dev, because 1.4.0 gave me the same result.

My settings (pretty much the defaults):

[Image: 2uy26pd.png]

[Image: 20jpkzn.png]
Preload Frame Data hack isn't needed unless it fixes an specific issue with graphics/shadows. Try turning your resolution down to 3x native and disabling the Large Framebuffer hack, that should increase your framerate a bit. You could probably get away with changing your Blending Accuracy up to Medium/High unless it reduces your framerate further. (Increasing Blending Accuracy may render additional effects that are already present in the SW renderer)

Also, you should enable Accurate Date and set Mipmapping to "Basic"
(01-22-2018, 02:07 AM)davmanypsp Wrote: I forgot to mention I'm using 1.5.0-dev, because 1.4.0 gave me the same result.
Every version will tell you the same as both PCSX2 and the game work as they're supposed to.
(01-22-2018, 02:00 AM)FlatOut Wrote: 50 Hz is the framerate of the emulation. The actual game runs at 25 FPS(PCSX2 does not display the game FPS). Wink

So every PAL game is going to run at 25 fps?

I'd say that Jackass the game (NTSC) runs at 60 fps, at least is what it says in the window titlebar, maybe I'm wrong Happy

I'll test the sugessted settings tomorrow Happy
(01-22-2018, 02:13 AM)davmanypsp Wrote: So every PAL game is going to run at 25 fps?

I'd say that Jackass the game (NTSC) runs at 60 fps, at least is what it says in the window titlebar, maybe I'm wrong Happy
No. Some games run at 25, some at 50. And when there's an in-game 60 Hz option, they run at 30 or 60 FPS(like NTSC games).