LOTR: The Third Age - Vertical black bars show up sometimes
It took a while to be able to capture this as they come and go very quickly, showing up for only a second or less.  Sometimes the lines are very visible, like in this picture, sometimes they are very light and hardly can be seen, sometimes they grow from the bottom of the screen up, but they are always in the same place and set the same distance apart.  Right now I am using 1.6.0 but I have seen this on different versions and on completely different systems.

[Image: TGWZdRv.png]

This is with a clean install of 1.6.0 in a brand new directory with no imported settings.  Default graphics plugin, D3D 11 Hardware,  4x Native internal resolution.  4x Anisotropic Filtering. 

Thse do not show up with software rendering.  On other PCs they show up using hardware rendering as well and again go away with software.

Sponsored links

update to latest dev build
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-29-2024, 05:03 PM)jesalvein Wrote: update to latest dev build

Well that did appear to fix it.  Thanks for the simple suggestion!

Was this some kind of known graphics bug or incompatibilityatibilty?  I'm curious to know what caused those bars since they appeared no matter what I did and especially since the new version corrected it all.
can't rememeber.
it has been fixed so long ago...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Okay I would like to read that. Should I be looking for a thread about this game or a thread about the 1.7 dev build?
(03-01-2024, 02:38 PM)CocoMoon Wrote: Okay I would like to read that. Should I be looking for a thread about this game or a thread about the 1.7 dev build?

No offence is intended... but ... Why? There are literally hundreds or even thousands of such things that has been fixed over the years as pcsx2 improves and gets more accurate on doing what it does.
Because I am curious how such a specific bug gets addressed. Like was it a fix just for this game or was it something with the overall emulation itself? How did they determine what was causing this and go about fixing it?

I'm curious at the whole process that goes into figuring something like this out. Also because I love the game so want to know what made these shadow bars appear in this game and not others, what made The Third Age different?
It was fixed here https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/9191

It's not really lamens terms though, so it doesn't really explain much that'll be easy to understand
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

That's exactly what I wanted to read! Thanks. Fascinating how a developer would come up with some new way to do whatever it is they are doing there with the graphics of the game that had never been seen before. Would be neat if devs discussed how they figure out how to do things like that and why.
(02-29-2024, 05:03 PM)jesalvein Wrote: update to latest dev build

Hi, this is my first time ever writing in this forum and i literally have the same issue (on the same spot too) of the guy who started the convo. You said to download the latest dev build which i suppose you are talking about the Nightly version. However the Nightly version does not hide the cursor correctly (i tried latest version possible, 06/04/2024) and i didn't manage to find anything about this issue online except a post of 2023 which refers to a "windowed mode", instead, i'm playing "full-screen" (yes, i selected "hide cursor on full-screen"). So, is there something i can do? Is this a known bug that will be fixed soon?

Thank you.