LOTR The Two Towers
Information 
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening fellow PCSX2 users. I discovered this emulator earlier today/yesterday. I have the latest version 'r-5569'. I have a LOTR The Two Towers iso file and when i load it the initial ps2 'on sequence' is a tad slow. however the game loads fine and then goes through the inital cutscene fine. however when the games changes from the video to the actual game and you take control of isildur in the great battle, the game then goes agonizingly slow, rendering it virtually unplayable. however i know it is on the compatible list so it must be something to do with the settings. I have read the configuration guide so i can change the plugins and the settings etc, but i don't have the faintest idea what to try changing first to make the game play normally. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and if any further information is required i'll be more than happy to supply it. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

(02-23-2013, 03:01 AM)Mallett94 Wrote: Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening fellow PCSX2 users. I discovered this emulator earlier today/yesterday. I have the latest version 'r-5569'. I have a LOTR The Two Towers iso file and when i load it the initial ps2 'on sequence' is a tad slow. however the game loads fine and then goes through the inital cutscene fine. however when the games changes from the video to the actual game and you take control of isildur in the great battle, the game then goes agonizingly slow, rendering it virtually unplayable. however i know it is on the compatible list so it must be something to do with the settings. I have read the configuration guide so i can change the plugins and the settings etc, but i don't have the faintest idea what to try changing first to make the game play normally. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated and if any further information is required i'll be more than happy to supply it. Thanks in advance.

Should probably put up your PC specs so we know what you're working with Tongue
Information 
(02-23-2013, 03:16 AM)strings0305 Wrote: Should probably put up your PC specs so we know what you're working with Tongue

These are the specs I think you'll be interested in Smile

PC Specs:
• You Have: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz
• You Have: 2.2 GHz CPU speed
• You Have: 2.0 GB of RAM
• You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 (build 2600) OS
• You Have: GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i Video Card
You Have
Video RAM 554.0 MB
3D Yes
Hardware T&L Yes
Pixel Shader version 3.0
Vertex Shader version 3.0

• You Have: 9.0c DirectX version
• You Have: Realtek High Definition Audio Sound Card
• You Have: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S202J CD-ROM
get a decent pc, and everything should be fine.
both your CPU & GpU are low for pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-23-2013, 01:57 PM)jesalvein Wrote: get a decent pc, and everything should be fine.
both your CPU & GpU are low for pcsx2

I anticipated as much. Thank you for your reply.