Lag/Choppy game in large cluttered areas.
Hello. I have had this emulator for a few days now and I have to admit its great. On my actual PC, it works very well at 100%. However, on my cheap Chinese laptop, not so much. I just wanted to play Simpsons: hit and run like on my old PS2. I did enough tweaks (the best plugins for me, very low internal resolution and -2 and 2 for EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing respectively. Because of all this, I get a constant 75% - 80% with around 50 frames which is great. However, the game still runs like 15 fps. It is very choppy and it is much worse when looking into a long road than, for instance, the back garden with nothing beyond. I really am quite a noob around this plugin so it could be my settings, or it could be something else. Please help!  Biggrin 

Specs from speccy:

Operating System
   Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  CPU
   Intel Celeron N3350 @ 1.10GHz 40 °C
   Apollo Lake 14nm Technology
  RAM
   6.00GB @ 793MHz (?-15-15-34)
  Motherboard
   Jumper EZbook (SOCKET 0)
  Graphics
   PBTB133F006-A (1920x1080@60Hz)
   Intel HD Graphics (Intel)
  Storage
   57GB Generic SLD64G (SD (SSD))
  Optical Drives
   No optical disk drives detected
  Audio
   Realtek High Definition Audio

Sponsored links

best advice would be to use this cheap laptop to play older emus.
that one won't cut it whatever you do (STR below 800 where we do recommend at least 1600)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-01-2019, 02:11 PM)jesalvein Wrote: best advice would be to use this cheap laptop to play older emus.
that one won't cut it whatever you do (STR below 800 where we do recommend at least 1600)

Thanks for the reply - so is there no way to get the game smoother on the laptop? is it just down to RAM speed because i could conisder upgrading to faster if that is the issue.
nope.
it's a cpu issue
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go