Lag and slowed fps...
All of a sudden, it pcsx2 has picked up a lag, and is not working as good... I have gotten errors saying it can't find the plugin of GS, and others like that, but if i try again, they load just fine... I'm using the latest beta with the latest plugins.

It started with this problem after i put my computer through a stress test. I wanted to test the power of my CPU and GPU, along with the tempetures, and to see if my ram could hole it all. Only got to 66C, and the power of the cpu of course is better then my gpu, which lagged avlittle, and didn't run everything as smoothly. RAM held up fine, with no crashes or lags. I was only running Flightgear, PCSX2, itunes, and 2 Browsers together. It was really the weakest of stress tests i want to run on it, As i did not reach the full potential of my CPU or RAM.

Do you think maybe the stress could of caused some kind of damage? Or is there something i should look at with PCSX2?

I ran CPU-Z and GPU-Z and found things looked just fine, but PCSX2 still lags. It ran fine before the stress test earlier, and i didn't change anything since the last time it worked, besides restarting it.

UPDATE: I just did a fresh install to see if there was a corrupt file or something along that lines, and same problem, without the plugin error. Plugins load just fine, but its still slow.

Thinking of what has happened, i see a few possibilities...

1. Power cable is failing to provide proper voltage (seeing as i can only run pcsx2 if its plugged in)
2. PCSX2 is not configured right. (Very unlikely, as was untouched since last work)
3. Graphics card received damage from stress test.

Which is most likely the problem? (or what is the problem)
My Specs: Alienware m15x (laptop) with... Intel i7 quad @ 1.86GHz (3.20GHz in Turbo), 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M, Win 7 Ultimate, 8GB of DDR3 Memory

Sponsored links

Try checking with CPU-Z when running PCSX2 that the CPU is using the turbo speed, try changing the power profile in control panel to "high performance", try setting the CPU affinity with PCSX2 to 2 cores only.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1412421 is my CPU-Z Test with PCSX2 running.

The power profile didn't change anything.

CPU affinity did nothing. CPU only gets up to about 28% used, no cores get over 70% used...
My Specs: Alienware m15x (laptop) with... Intel i7 quad @ 1.86GHz (3.20GHz in Turbo), 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M, Win 7 Ultimate, 8GB of DDR3 Memory
That's definitely wrong, here try this guide to set the affinity, same for win 7.

http://techblissonline.com/set-processor...s-process/
(09-29-2010, 06:50 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: That's definitely wrong, here try this guide to set the affinity, same for win 7.

http://techblissonline.com/set-processor...s-process/

I was doing the same thing that guide says before. I have 4 cores, 8 threads, but it shows up as core 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. So i set it to run on only core 0, 1, 2, and 3.

Its also steadily getting worse. Its now lagging even more when i run pcsx2... The FPS is even worse, and i get gs plugin not found errors half the times.

This is a brand new computer, just got a few weeks ago... I shouldn't be having any problems with the hardware warring out.

When its going through the first load (idk is ps2 has POST like computers, but if so, then during POST), i only have about 76 FPS. It used to be about 200 or so just a day ago... and earlier, about 90.

This is the error i get alot: GS plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers.
Try setting only to 2 and 3.
Yes that picture you showed says the cpu speed is way too low and it means something is throtling it (going into some power saving mode, so if you have some enabled try disbaling it), in case of i7 setting it to only 2 cores should work as far as I know tho.
It could be a virus >_<
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
try setting "high preformance" (keep it plugged in for this, Hp drains a battery like no one's business) and see how it handles. If it works fine then it's something the software isn't adjusting. (software being OS as well)
If you're getting GS lugin failed to load your configuration is wrong or you're missing stuff.
Make sure you're using: 0.9.7 beta with the August 201 plugin pack, GSdx as gs plugin and have these installed:
Install one of these first: DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer (direct link), DirectX End-User Runtime (June 2010)

Then this one, too: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
And finally the Vista platform update which requires Service Pack 2 installed
[Image: newsig.jpg]
AVG never found anything in any any files i've download (i run a scan on everything before unzipping) and on its weekly scan, which was today, so i don't think its a virus.

I set it to run on core 2 and 3 and same thing. Maybe even a little slower then when its running on all 4 cores...

The one thing i'm concerned and been concerned about is the files not in the right place. I have them in my PCSX2 folder which is in my programs folder. If they are put in my documents, i get errors with it not being able to access them, so i use manual location, and it finds everything just fine, gets rid of that error.

But could that be the cause of the GS not found error?