Lag and slowed fps...
pcsx2 root: pcsx2, DLLs, plugins, cheats, database
user directory: INIs, gamesaves, savestates.

Sponsored links

(09-29-2010, 10:14 PM)Saiki Wrote: pcsx2 root: pcsx2, DLLs, plugins, cheats, database
user directory: INIs, gamesaves, savestates.

Yea, i reconfigured it all to that, fixing the paths of everything. The first couple times i went to edit the GS Plugin settings, it worked, then it gave me the error, and the next time, it worked again... I'm about to do another un-install and clean install. Its really not doing something right.
My Specs: Alienware m15x (laptop) with... Intel i7 quad @ 1.86GHz (3.20GHz in Turbo), 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M, Win 7 Ultimate, 8GB of DDR3 Memory
just keep eveything in the root folder then? (aka where it all is supposed to default to)
I re-installed it again and it actually seems to have taken this time. I used the web installer instead of the binary or full installer. No more GS Errors, but still not running at the correct speed.

I have the power settings so it'll run everything at 100%, and its plugged in. So why would it work fine for a few days and then now, cause problems?

Also, it seems to down-clock when pcsx2 is running. This is what it looks like without pcsx2 is running: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1412793
And this is with pcsx2 running: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1412421
My Specs: Alienware m15x (laptop) with... Intel i7 quad @ 1.86GHz (3.20GHz in Turbo), 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M, Win 7 Ultimate, 8GB of DDR3 Memory
That makes no sense...downclocking when an application is causing MORE load than the system had before? At worst it should have stayed the same, not downclock... It looks like a problem in speed step / turbo boost with your laptop.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-30-2010, 01:33 AM)Bositman Wrote: That makes no sense...downclocking when an application is causing MORE load than the system had before? At worst it should have stayed the same, not downclock... It looks like a problem in speed step / turbo boost with your laptop.

Yea, its really odd, but... I did read that the 2009 m15x had a problem with down clocking when it reached a certain temperature, though i had never experienced this is mine, which is the 2010 model. Though this can not be the reason, seeing as the temperature only goes from 58 normally, up to about 68 after pcsx2 is running the game for a few minutes. If that were the case, then it should be working fine for the first minute or so, but its not, it starts right from the second it boots with down clocking.

Should I contact dell about this problem, or do you think there's something I'm missing here? I can not find anything that could cause this in any settings with windows 7 or in the bios...
I'd first check if there is a BIOS update for that particular laptop, they could have fixed it later
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ok, there was no new update, same version, but i updated it anyway, and now look at my speeds: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1413716

more then double... PCSX2 is running perfect again, thank you everyone Smile

One last question, updating the bios seems to have caused a few icons to be lost. CPU-z and a couple others icons from the startup menu are gone, but when i go to the properties of the program, its there... And when opened, i get the missing icon image on the bottom bar, is there a quick way to fix this?