Lag in "Spyro: A Hero's Tail"
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, i am new (feel free to move it)

Long Story (More Detail on Bug):
I got Spyro: A Hero's Tail on the PCSX2 Emulator so that i could try and relive my memories of it as a child. The cutscenes looked amazing, the screen was still easy to view when stretched and the additional settings (Anisotropic Filtering, DX11, 1080p) made it so much nicer! When i got into the game and could finally play, it felt great, that is until i turned more than 90° left or right, in which case the glorious 60fps (Locked) dropped to 20fps for a couple seconds, and with it the audio and game slowed down. I went straight back to the video settings and even after putting the settings to 4:3 with lowest settings i still had this problem. This made me think it wasn't my pc that was the problem (CPU + GPU Below) so i am stuck for what to do, the game is still easily playable but the drops are infuriatingly distractive, please try to help me out.

Short Story:
- Spyro: A Hero's Tail
- Huge Lag When Turning Around
- Slows Down Game and Audio for 2-5 Seconds
- Settings didn't matter (Tried Lowest and Max)
- PC Didn't seem to be struggling
- Help please

PC Specs:
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970
AMD A10-7870K (Not the best CPU but still good enough for 2017 games)

Sponsored links

far from a valid bug report.
moved to general discussion

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-19-2018, 07:41 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs.

Just booted up the game, let it do it a couple times, here you go:
Emulog (Download From Drive)
Another Log Just incase the first one isn't right: Emulog

Update 1:
Got the game and audio to stay the same speed when lag occurs with my speedhack preset at 5, the game has now become extremely choppy with its frames and still does have lag drops.
Not the best CPU, lags expected.
Moreover, that console you own I known to be buggy. Do you own another one ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
are you using the MTVU speedhack? That may help you.

Also make sure GSDX is using your GTX 970, not the APU graphics.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

You also mentioned 1080p... If you set that as a custom resolution in GSdx rather than using the 3x or 4x multiplier, GS will be working way harder than it needs to.