Laggy Cutscenes In The Devil May Cry Series
(03-14-2012, 05:06 AM)tallbender Wrote: thats a Catastrophic/Deadly/Disasterous 9.0 it will blown your CPU's engine or Permadamaged your CPU.
better cool down your PC to 60C range..air conditioning may help and heavy-pile of dust may already kissed the CPU heatsink better clean that up.

and addition you may also enabling various auto-program
like Anti-Virus(Scheduled Scan)
MS Office's FindFast(Scheduled Task)

109 Fahrenheit = 42.77777777777778 Celsius
125 Fahrenheit = 51.66666666666667 Celsius

So, on the one hand you tell me the temperatures are too high, but they are below the limit you suggest. . . I assume you misread my post which clearly stated that the temperatures where in Fahrenheit.

However, I too thought they were a tad high so I asked and the one reply I got seemed to suggest they were normal for my CPU:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1222800/amd-p...e-question

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

Sponsored links

(03-14-2012, 05:15 AM)RyanFialcowitz Wrote: 109 Fahrenheit = 42.77777777777778 Celsius
125 Fahrenheit = 51.66666666666667 Celsius
Excl oh i'm blind sorry Wacko fahrenheit not Celcius.
so it's not the temperatures Smile
51C is normal

i think there 3 possible things need to troubleshoot
*neither your current overclocking is unstable
*or some other of programs is running in scheduled e.g. virus-scanning.
*processes is flooding?? see Task Mananger-->Processes:xx(bottom left)

also we need to check your current voltage on your current OCed CPU via CPU-Z
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(03-14-2012, 05:23 AM)tallbender Wrote: Excl oh i'm blind sorry Wacko fahrenheit not Celcius.
so it's not the temperatures Smile
51C is normal

i think there 3 possible things need to troubleshoot
*neither your current overclocking is unstable
*or some other of programs is running in scheduled e.g. virus-scanning.
*processes is flooding?? see Task Mananger-->Processes:xx(bottom left)

also we need to check your current voltage on your current OCed CPU via CPU-Z

1.) Windows XP & 7 exist on this same system. Aside from whatever native background processes are different between the two, all other progams are identical. Windows 7 is however 64 bit.

2.) I overclocked to see if that would solve the issue in Windows 7. I believe my CPU went up to 150 Fahrenheit so. Even though CoreTemp says it can go up 194 Fahrenheit I decided against keeping the overclock. So, the system is stock at this point.

3.) The two games I tried the first and third Devil May Cry games both had lagging cutscenes, to be fair it was fairly minor lag- but still. With that EXACT same installation of PCSX2 in Windows XP they ran flawlessly. So, I can only assume there's some problem with the program in Windows 7.

4.) I tried both the DirectX 9 & 11 modes and both exhibited the same problem. Obviously, in Windows XP I could not run 11.

Edit
To be clear, I'm fine with running the emulator in Windows XP. I didn't see any substantial difference between the DirectX modes. Yeah, it would be nice to find the cause, but I'm not sweating it.

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz

It must be an issue with the exclusive full screen mode and Vsync. Maybe try disabling aero in Windows 7 and/or disabling Vsync both in PCSX2 and in your graphics card driver settings
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-14-2012, 02:22 PM)Bositman Wrote: It must be an issue with the exclusive full screen mode and Vsync. Maybe try disabling aero in Windows 7 and/or disabling Vsync both in PCSX2 and in your graphics card driver settings

In Windows 7 Vsync actually eliminated the problem in Devil May Cry.

I disabled Aero and saw no change, nor did I see a change when in windowed mode.

Given that overclocking the CPU from 3.6 Ghz to 4.2 Ghz solved the problem in Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Special Edition it seems to me it's just a resource issue. Presumably Windows XP runs it better because it uses fewer of them. . .

- Ryan Paul Fialcowitz
(03-14-2012, 05:28 PM)RyanFialcowitz Wrote: Presumably Windows XP runs it better because it uses fewer of them. . .

Main difference between WInXP & Win7 resources consumption is RAM

SInce Pcsx2 doesn't use a lot of ram, it won't change anything in terms of performances if you switch from win7 to winxp
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go