Laggy FPS and Sound
Hello, I recently tried playing Prince of Persia sands of time and it is very laggy. I had this issue with Final Fantasy X a while back until the new update and now it runs fine for the most part.

However now with Prince of Persia I am getting around 30 FPS and the sound / voices are very slow and laggy. What is the issue here as I know my PC Specs beat that of a PS2 system.

Sponsored links

That fact that your pc is stronger than a ps2 is irrelevant.

What are you specs?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-26-2014, 07:11 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: That fact that your pc is stronger than a ps2 is irrelevant.

What are you specs?

I do not think it is irrelevant, if I had a horrible Windows 98 system, it would matter. However thank you for your reply here are my specs.

Processor: 2.90Ghz Dual Core
RAM: 8GB
Video Card: Dedicated Graphics Card, AMD Radeon HD 5450
what is the model no. of your dual-core processor!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(10-26-2014, 07:18 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: what is the model no. of your dual-core processor!

Im not opening the case to find out lol. But if you would like to look it up it is a Intel Pentium R CPU G645. I can find it on the intel site and post a link if needed, just let me know!

Thank you.
(10-26-2014, 07:15 PM)0Z3ro0 Wrote: I do not think it is irrelevant, if I had a horrible Windows 98 system, it would matter. However thank you for your reply here are my specs.

Processor: 2.90Ghz Dual Core
RAM: 8GB
Video Card: Dedicated Graphics Card, AMD Radeon HD 5450

You can't compare a PC to a console. They both operate completely different, so even if your PC might be stronger in specs, there's still a huge difference when it comes to the 'usage' in hardware.

Just running Windows alone already makes your PC weaker than a PS2 in terms of power. A PS2 is purely dedicated to running a game and has nothing else bottlenecking it for that process. A PC has to do MANY things before it can even get close to that. So yes, your PC might be stronger in specs, but in the end you'll still need a beast in comparison.

As for that CPU... it's pretty weak. You'll have to fiddle with Speedhacks a bit. Unfortunately that CPU probably won't benefit from the MTVU hack. Try setting EE Cycle to 2 and VU stealing to 1, see if it improves things. (You can set both higher, but this can cause issues with games).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(10-26-2014, 07:21 PM)0Z3ro0 Wrote: it is a Intel Pentium R CPU G645

Thank you.
this is what I want lol ! yes your pc is good enough to run most game's at full speed at native ! and about pop ! did you . using any speedhacks or something ?
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(10-26-2014, 07:25 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: this is what I want lol ! yes your pc is good enough to run most game's at full speed at native ! and about pop ! did you . using any speedhacks or something ?

Thank you for you help and fast reply.

I am not using any speed hacks to my knowledge. I have setup the configuration according to a tutorial on here. It can be found here,

http://pcsx2.net/config-guide/official-e...guide.html

Other than that tutorial everything is default.
then try first with ee and vu / to 2 ! if it didn't work then use software mode with extra rendering thread to 3 and tik mtvu ! try both suggestions and tell us which one work's best for you !
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(10-26-2014, 07:31 PM)Brock lessner Wrote: then try first with ee and vu / to 2 ! if it didn't work then use software mode with extra rendering thread to 3 and tik mtvu ! try both suggestions and tell us which one work's best for you !

Will these settings effect my other games?