Laptop emulation.
I know that laptop emulation is not recommended but right now all I have is this laptop. My TV sucks like its 10 years old(not a flat screen quality sucks) so I decided to try out a PS2 emulator because the graphics seem to look better on the PC than my TV. While every seems to work fine, the fps for most games is around 30 which makes me feel I'd rather play on my TV than here. However I just wanted to post my specs here in the hope that someone might be able to help me out. I've been looking through countless hours of you tube videos but to no avail. Last hope was posting here.
Lenovo Thinkpad T520
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2620M CPU @ 2.7GHz
RAM 4GB(3.89 Usable)
Windows 7 service pack 1 64-bit operating system.
I'm not sure about the graphics card but I believe its NVIDIA NVS 4200M

After extensive research I concluded that its not my system specs but it might be the fact that its a laptop. But I was just hoping that I'm missing something here that one of you might know. Although I don't quite understand what to do if you give me the following information, I wanted to know, Recommended GS plugin and settings. Thank you.

Quick Edit: Oh also everyone seems to be talking about either Direct X 10 or 9 but mine has an option of either 11 or 9 and Both have the same fps except 11 has better quality.

Another Edit: Oh the GS% is 42 and the EE% is fluctuating between 76 and 90 and fps drops from 61ish during cutscenes to 18 to 32 during gameplay. Speed hacks set to preset 2(safe + fast) Turned on the MTVU Rest emulation settings are default. GS plugin options(GSDX 5442 MSVS 16.00 SSE2 0.1.16), 2x Native, DirectX 11 hardware, Texture filtering on.

Sponsored links

Quote: the EE% is fluctuating between 76 and 90
means your cpu is struggling.
What game are you trying to run ?
Think about setting windows power plan to high performance.
And it seems your gpu is quite weak too, unfortunately...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ratchet and Clank: Up your Arsenal. Backyard Wrestling 2, and Tenkaichi 3, those are the only 3 games I have with me, rest are at home(I live on Uni campus) but all three have the same pattern.(Cut scenes, menus, songs etc everything is picturesque just when game play starts its lagging very hard.) So I don`t know if its the game but yeah I was worried that might be the case. Its a school laptop it has a lot of processes running. I tried using Game booster to shut down unnecessary processes. Still didn't help out. Yeah, I guess I have to give up on emulating my games till I get a better laptop. I was afraid of it, just hoped that I was doing something wrong. well thank you for the information. Appreciated.
Do you have your laptop power management on performace setting?
Yes I do. Also I found that Ratchet and clank just doesn't work well with the emulator so that's a bummer. Oh well, but I looked at the video for tenkaichi 3 by pcsx2 on youtube and set my settings to theirs. No luck, changed the native to 2x native no luck. Oh well I guess it wasn't meant to be. I should either buy a better TV or buy a PC, clearly buying a new pc seems like a better idea than wasting money on a TV. Maybe buy one for boxing day sale.
Ratchet and Clank are a well-known problem. Aside from native res, HW mode, a few extra SW threads for GSdx, and a EE/VU speedhacks, that's pretty much it. Laptops are just not very emulation friendly in general, and pushing a laptop too much leads to heat management problems and a prematurely burned out CPU. That's why I haven't had a laptop for about 5 years now.
Lenovo Thinkpad, Sony Vaio, and Apple MacBook... they are not meant for gaming. The NVS 4200M is on the same level with the GT 520, and of course, it performs worse in gaming.

Make sure PCSX2 is using the NVS 4200M instead of the HD 3000.