Poll: Which?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Laptop
47.06%
8 47.06%
Desktop
52.94%
9 52.94%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Laptops and Pcsx2
I'm somewhat new to the forums, as I haven't made many posts, nor do
I keep tabs on what's going on. However, I have noticed one thing, many
people around here seem to use laptops. The threads that I have looked
at all seem to be related to laptop problems or specs. My question is, why
are so many people using laptops with Pcsx2?

I'm not trying to bash on anyone, but desktops have always had better
priceTongue2erformance ratios, and I bet they always will. On top of that they're
easier to customize for particular needs. I don't know, maybe I'm looking at
this because I know more about hardware and computers in general than
most of the people whom ask for help. (Not trying to boast
or anything, plenty that I don't know, and I will happily admit if someone
knows more than I)

Anyway, for people who have laptops, I'd like you to post your
experiences. Why do you use a laptop, and why are you using it to run
Pcsx2? Any additional information would be interesting to know.

Sponsored links

I'm sorry but this is a dumb question. Almost as dumb as asking why the heck you don't lug your desktop around when you're traveling.
(03-25-2012, 12:58 AM)naoan Wrote: I'm sorry but this is a dumb question. Almost as dumb as asking why the heck you don't lug your desktop around when you're traveling.

So what you're saying is that you rather spend 25%(+) more money on a
laptop, rather than using that to get better hardware for a desktop. I'm not
saying people shouldn't have laptops, but spending $2,000* for a laptop that
can be out-powered by a desktop at $1,400* doesn't seem logical to me.

Though, if your someone that's ALWAYS traveling, perhaps the extra money
would be worth it, I dunno, as I'm not someone that travels a lot.

*Numbers taken from my computer and a laptop I saw online somewhere. Not
too many people would be buying a computer for this much, but it's just an
example.
you don't actually need to spend that much kitten to outpower a laptop Smile
well i chalked it up to poor college kids only having one computer (like me), hard to lug around a desktop on a campus every day, all day long, so i invested the extra money to have i5 and geforce card in mine, as far as PCSX2 is concerned, it looks better then my PS2 does (HDTV+PS2=extremely blocky screen and ineligible text) and i have had very few issues playing my fav games (Mostly Xenosaga, FF-XII, and RE4) as long as i spend time tweaking the emu settings. since i got this Emu i haven't had to turn my ps2 on once+^_^+ great program devs!! thanks for giving me something to do between classes+^_^+
Signature purposefully left blank.
ahh yeh. if you need the power for excessive highres 3D gaming you buy a desktop. i'd rather trim it down a notch and do more of "gameplay" not just graphics and milk my laptop hardware to what's possible on it. this' is alot more exciting to tweak and code on, than just have the "ultimate" raw power i barely need.

not to forget that you can put a laptop in a bag if you want, where you need to have lots of hands to carry a desktop. not that we're playing all the time so the desktop is a homie there - not moving. Wink
You still have LANCases Smile only downside no batterypack and no keyboard/mouse and monitor hehe.
well i chalked it up to college kids only having one computer (like me), hard to lug around a desktop on a campus every day, all day long, so i invested the extra money to have i5 and geforce card in mine, as far as PCSX2 is concerned, it looks better then my PS2 does (HDTV+PS2=extremely blocky screen and ineligible text) and i have had very few issues playing my fav games (Mostly Xenosaga, FF-XII, and RE4) as long as i spend time tweaking the emu settings. since i got this Emu i haven't had to turn my ps2 on once+^_^+ great program devs!! thanks for giving me something to do between classes+^_^+of course the 80° C temp scared me for awhile, but after some research i found that Toshibas are fine running this hot and are apparently meant to for some reason+^_^+
EDIT: oops double post, wont let me delete either...
Signature purposefully left blank.
If you aren't living with parents or settled down it's just kind of silly to invest in a desktop. Since I don't play PC games, it was even easier to put convenience over raw power Smile BTW don't look at HP or Dell when judging laptops, look at real brands like Asus or Clevo. Clevo especially can cram some decent hardware into a small, cool package.
I never heard of the brand Clevo. I don't even think they have it here in Europe or atleast Western Europe Smile