Latest official PCSX2 0.9.7 beta & Castlevania Curse of Darkness
Hi everyone!

So I decided to finally take the leap and test the latest stable official 0.9.7 beta yesterday and found it very promising (Thumbs Up!)

Castlevania - Lament of Innocence (NTSC/US) worked perfect and so did Resident Evil 4 (PAL/EU)

But Castlevania - Curse of Darkness (PAL/EU) didn't work quite as it should compare to the 0.9.6 release which I'm currently using for playing these three games that I have.

The image was quite garbage and looked like this:

[Image: 23r0sd0.jpg]

I used only default settings with exception for using DirectX 10 instead of 9

And all these games works flawlessly on 0.9.6.

Should I change something in the settings in order for it to play correctly without garbage image?

I need help since I don't know exactly what all settings do.

Thanks in advance!

//TopGun1986

Sponsored links

Try setting the VU recompiler options to "superVU", see if that helps.
Thanks for your reply Rama, I'm sorry I haven't been able to answer you sooner, I have had some trouble with my hardware upgrade on my gaming rig, not the hardware itself but what's came in the package.

Intel decided to give me an Xeon E5540 Nehalem 2.53ghz 8mb L3 cache socket type 1366 CPU instead of the Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0ghz with 12mb L2 cache socket type 775 that was supposed to be in the package, because the package and manual was correct but not the CPU.

Now I can't do anything but wait until I got the correct one.

But when everything is in order I will try that out.
Well the rig is up and running now with all the new hardware.
I went back to 0.9.6 for now, all three games I play on it works as intended, I'll consider an upgrade when 0.9.7 final hits release next year.
Just thought to make an quick update on this if anyone is interested of playing this game on the latest stable beta, I set microVU to SuperVU recompiler for VU0/VU1 and it worked perfectly.

It does look promising, can't wait for next year when preliminary the RTM version of 0.9.7 is being released.

Anyway, thanks once again albait a little late.