Legacy of Kain 2 Graphical issue
System specs are in signature. Video Card is GTX 1080
Driver version: 368.81
PCSX2 Version: GIT 1214-gda68811

Issue: At certain distances the textures of the characters become really messed up. This becomes especially apparent in the opening in-engine cutscene.
This "bug" does not happen in Software mode and does happen in both the OpenGL and DX11 renderer.

Screenshots:

[Image: Wgftt1r.png]

[Image: q0RM8vt.png]

[Image: 1uXNoID.png]

I am also including a GS dump for any devs who may be interested.

I personally couldn't find a solution other than using software mode but if anyone could, please enlighten me.

GS Dump: https://www.mediafire.com/?6nq34od567auop1

Edit: Updated link to more reliable GS Dump (Same location as screenshots)
[Image: c9hit5-2.png]

Sponsored links

Known issue. It's just the lack of mipmapping.
Oh that's right. I remember something about that years ago . . . Actually, maybe I even made a thread about it?

Is there any progress on that front?
No. As far as I know no one is actively working on mipmapping.
Mapping those mips is hard Tongue2

Seriously though, I read that gregory had an idea how to do it but it was way down on his list because of the amount of work involved and the low number of games affected(which are ofc playable in software mode).
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
It might be a low number of games that are affected, but they include some of the very best games.
But they are still playable in software mode and it's not a trivial task at all.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(08-31-2016, 06:23 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: But they are still playable in software mode and it's not a trivial task at all.
They're also playable on PS2, and they look better on PS2 than software mode. They might as well not be playable in PCSX2. Tongue2
Personally I would love to see this game playable in the emulator since the PC version is so bunk and it looks so good at 4x native (errors not withstanding)

But if I'm stuck playing on my PS2 then so be it.