Legaia 2: Duel Saga
Yes, I can certainly see the difference between those. So I tried out internal resolution to x3 (looks great) and set it to 4:3 (there's no 16:9 or widescreen settings in the game). However, it appeared squashed too tall. I thought maybe it was because I was used to it looking too wide, so I went searching for screenshots from the actual PS2 on a normal TV. The images I found were 640x480, but had thin black bars on the top and bottom. The images also didn't appear squashed like mine on 4:3 did. On the emulator on 4:3 there are no thin black bars. 16:10 and certainly 16:9 DO look too wide in comparison, however, so it seems that neither correctly look like how it appears on the PS2.

I opened the images up in paint and selected the image without the black bars and it is 640x448, just like the resolution on the window title bar of the game. That's 16:11.2, compared to my screen, which is 16:10 or 4:3 which is 16:12.

So, I suppose stretching it 7% too tall at 4:3 is better than stretching it 12% too wide at 16:10. Too bad there isn't a setting to just keep the aspect ratio of the native internal resolution or to add black bars to compensate like the PS2 does.

EDIT: I was kinda rushed. My math might be off.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz @ 3.5GHz
RAM: 4GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz
GPU: SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4870 1GB

MBTI: INTP
Enneagram: 9w1 or 5w4...I can't decide.

Sponsored links