Legal BIOs
So, I'm following along Bositman's Guide to Dumping Your PS2 Bios over LAN, and at step H it says "Now all that is left is to throw in your burned disc and boot it
using any method you see fit". Well, me being the noob that I am, I simply inserted the newly burned disc into my PS2 and quickly saw that my method wasn't going to work...

Now instead of looking for "any method you see fit" I'm looking for any method that will actually work, without me having to spend any money.

Can anyone explain to me what I'm supposed to do at this step?

Sponsored links

You need some way to boot backups/homebrews to be able to dump your bios
and unfortunately, unless your ps2 is modded, it will require you spending money...
swapmagic would be your best bet though
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870
(10-24-2009, 02:01 PM)Infel Wrote: and unfortunately, unless your ps2 is modded, it will require you spending money...

Not really,only a friend or if he can use some of those methods
http://freemcboot.psx-scene.com/

btw every time when I look at your avatar it always makes me want to start AT2 again Tongue2
i'm sure the number of methods on that site have grown since i put freemcboot onto my ps2, either that or i didn't really look last time because i went directly for the swapmagic instructions. i just pointed out the swapmagic method because i know it works, having done it on my own ps2 and on some friends' ps2s

and yes... my avatar is actually a cunning plan to turn everyone into mindless slaves, devoted entirely to reyvateils...
the whole world shall play ar tonelico 1,2 (and soon 3)
the whole world shall worship shurelia, frelia and tyria
or something like that
:3
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870
(10-24-2009, 02:01 PM)Infel Wrote: and unfortunately, unless your ps2 is modded, it will require you spending money...

Did you mean "modded" is that ps2 can play ps1 games ? Or burned disc ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
No he meant a PS2 with an added modchip to play backup games and homebrew applications.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-12-2010, 10:18 AM)Bositman Wrote: No he meant a PS2 with an added modchip to play backup games and homebrew applications.

How does this ps2 with an added modchip work ? Can u explain it with simple way ? Like the backup games and homebrew applications, do u mean the data of the backup games that can be played came from the modchip itself ? Or what ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
No, the modchip just bypasses the protection the PS2 has and allows you to play the stuff I mentioned above.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
^
^
^
^
w/a modchip can play your game disk on any region [U/C,JAP and E] region.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel