Lemmings Garbage Textures
Information 
Hi.

I'm running PCSX2 0.9.6 on Windows 7 beta and with any of the plugins, in a variety of configurations, Lemmings doesn't show its textures properly. Just turns to garbage.

I can get it to go in-game using PCSX2 0.9.4, but it's slow as heck.

My specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz
2 GB DDR2-800 SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 3450 256 MB DX10.1

Is this expected to be fixed soon? Is it a known regression? Cheers.

Sponsored links

Have you enabled NATIVE option in GSdx, solves many issues.
You can also try ZeroGS it has an option to fix garbage on screen.
Also try to disable the speed hacks.
Seems That game is unfortunately for pcsx2.0.96. You can add in a list for games which are not compatible for pcsx2.0.96.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(03-16-2009, 10:07 AM)redlof Wrote: Have you enabled NATIVE option in GSdx, solves many issues.
You can also try ZeroGS it has an option to fix garbage on screen.
Also try to disable the speed hacks.

Yeah, tried everything. But like the above poster said, it's leapt from the compatibility ranks right down to the ground level.

Damn this forum no longer providing 0.9.4 support. No hope for me to find a way to emulate Lemmings properly ... :\
Yep, thats too bad. Wait for it to get fixed (maybe).
What you describe sounds like PATH3 or some other VIF problem,
all of which is constantly giving us trouble.
(03-16-2009, 01:10 PM)rama Wrote: Yep, thats too bad. Wait for it to get fixed (maybe).
What you describe sounds like PATH3 or some other VIF problem,
all of which is constantly giving us trouble.

it is Path 3 Tongue2 there use to be another issue related to the vif unpacks, but i got zero to fix that on the sse ones. Ill have a look at that at some point
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Glad to know it's being looked at. If there's only one game I want to play, it's the all new Lemmings (well, all new two years ago but you get the idea). There's no acceptable PSP emulators around (amazingly enough, since it's "so popular" and the Nintendo DS emulator DesMuME already has a high level of playability) and the PS2 is the only other version.

I suppose I could get the PS3 version. I could also throw money into an incinerator and hope I can fish it out later on.