Let's talk about Gran Turismo 3 & 4
So....while saving up for a new gaming PC, I'm curious to know how well GT3 and GT4 run on pcsx2 on a high end machine these days?

1)Has anyone completed either game to their full completion without any crashes or game breaking bugs? Any parts of the game where you couldn't proceed due to either garbled graphics or it crashing to desktop?

2)Can they run at 100% full speed all the time on an overclocked Intel Sandy Bridge, Ivy Bridge, Haswell or Skylake CPU @ 4.0Ghz or higher?

3)How do the games look in comparison to running them natively on a real PS2? Does the image, particularly when upscaling the internal res via HW mode, make the games look 10x sharper? Does the picture still suffer from aliasing problems and other artifacts?

4)Has the in-game brightness problem been fixed?

Sponsored links

(08-09-2015, 10:45 AM)Lord Jamar Wrote: Isamu did you play GT4 as well on the real PS2 or just GT3?

I played 'em both but only played GT3 to completion. Many people have told they actually think GT3 is the better game.
3/ It makes a great deal of difference on most 3D games, there should be similar improvements on the following game also.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
cool thanks
I played GT4 and it works 100% fullspeed most of the time on my system.
increasing the internal resolution makes the image sharper, but not as sharp as it should be, there is still a little blur due to the post processing techniques the game uses.

The brightness bug has been fixed a long time ago, but you should still set it to 0 (in the middle) for the best quality.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64

Let me rip GT3 real fast and I'll upload some comparison shots between native and 3x
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(08-16-2015, 07:41 PM)Nexxxus Wrote: I played GT4 and it works 100% fullspeed most of the time on my system.
increasing the internal resolution makes the image sharper, but not as sharp as it should be, there is still a little blur due to the post processing techniques the game uses.

The brightness bug has been fixed a long time ago, but you should still set it to 0 (in the middle) for the best quality.

That is good to hear Nexxus thanks for the reply.

Do you get *ANY* graphical glitches in the game during your play or is it pretty much perfect all the time? You certainly have a very nice rig as well. I'm hoping to upgrade to a new PC later on towards the end of the year.

I Wonder if the new Skylake processor is worth getting if it can be OC'ed to 4.5Ghz or higher?

I'm assuming you can run Ridge Racer V at full speed as well correct?
No graphical glitches in GT4 at all. 
I haven't tested RRV in a long time so I can't say.

Main Rig: i7-3770k @4.5ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX 980 TI | Win 10 X64
Laptop: MSI GT62VR | i7-6700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1060 | Win 10 X64