Let's talk about Tekken!
So I was wondering what speedhacks people have found most effective in the Tekken series, as well as scaling options people have found effective for removing the strange black lines that cross the screen. So far only native has worked for me, and at that point I might as well just play it on my PS2. It does look pretty godawful stretched out on my TV though.

Anyway, maybe my rig just isn't fast enough. Not really a big deal, the only games I feel absolutely compelled to emulate are RPGs, because I refuse to mess around with irritating RPG mechanics without the use of savestate and turbo mode. I saw a few threads about this series, but they were pretty old so I was hoping to get some recent information. My system specs are in my sig, and all of my games are NTSC if that matters.

Thanks!
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 960T Black Edition @ 4.00 Ghz
RAM: 4GB (2X2GB) DDR3
GPU: Radeon HD 6870 (2GB)

I also have a lot of fun LEDs in my case, which help me look like a pro l33t gamer, and also function as nightlights because I'm mortally afraid of the dark.

Sponsored links

Yes! I have low frame rates on my PCs too on Tekken 5!
Please do a search next time, the vertical lines thing has been answered many times before: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-tekken-5-...#pid219945

About speed, I recommend using the latest PCSX2 SVN from here: http://pcsx2.net/svn.php and enabling the new MTVU speed hack
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-06-2012, 01:36 PM)Bositman Wrote: Please do a search next time, the vertical lines thing has been answered many times before: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-tekken-5-...#pid219945

About speed, I recommend using the latest PCSX2 SVN from here: http://pcsx2.net/svn.php and enabling the new MTVU speed hack

Ah I didn't even see you replied, thanks! I actually didn't have any speedhacks enabled when I tried to play the first time, even though I thought I had turned them on. Derp. The SVN build I grabbed works great though, getting great FPS now. Oh and sorry for asking a question that's been asked a million times before. I figured I was already posting about one thing, so I wanted to get two answers for the price of one Tongue

I was actually wondering, are there specific upscale resolutions that will minimize ghosting in certain games? I've tried using static multiples (2x 3x, so on) as well as a few custom resolutions but I haven't made much progress. I'm playing on a 720p TV so I really don't need to scale up all that much. I notice the ghosting most heavily in FFX and Ico right now.

I also have a lot of fun LEDs in my case, which help me look like a pro l33t gamer, and also function as nightlights because I'm mortally afraid of the dark.
Ghosting in FFX is actually normal and a game 'effect'. It adds some blur filter which probably looked nice on a TV but not in high res on your monitor. You can get rid of it by setting skipdraw to 1 in GSdx.
Scaling multipliers where put there to reduce upscale bugs, so your best bet is them. If they also cause ghosting and other stuff you can try using the offset hack of GSdx
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thanks man, that skipdraw option worked perfectly, but unfortunately now I'm playing FFX-2 which I kind of regret Tongue Somehow the really bizarre Charlie's Angels objectifying women thing just didn't bother me as much when I was 10. But anyway, this is seriously the best emulator I've ever used for any console, ever. You guys are like freaking genies or something. And thanks for all the great support/answers too. I have a month to kill between the end of this semester and the beginning of my summer classes, and thanks to y'all I don't have to do something insane like read a book or go outside.

(05-18-2012, 09:43 PM)Jickler Wrote: I don't have to do something insane like read a book or go outside.

Man, you got no life huh??? Laugh
(05-18-2012, 11:08 PM)kohaku2421 Wrote: Man, you got no life huh??? Laugh

Um, let me put it this way: Emily Dickinson would not be writing any romantic poetry about my life. My life would not be the subject of a passionate Victorian-era ballad.

Also, I couldn't go outside even if I wanted to. I have beautiful alabaster skin that would be marred by the hateful rays of the sun. Some describe it as "angelic."

ops!!!

Seriously, I'm SORRY Wacko
Haha I can't tell if you're messing with me now but just to clear my conscience, I don't actually have a disability that causes me to burn in the sun. The Emily Dickinson thing isn't true either. I think I would actually get along pretty well with Emily Dickinson were she alive today and I could probably nag her into fitting me into some poetry somewhere.