Libre pcsx2 memory card/save editors
Are there any libre pcsx2 memory card/save editors about? I'm interested in changing the country codes associated with my UK saves from my past gamer life, so that I can use them with the prevalent USA/Japan game images.

I can see proprietary programs - not interested in that. mymc seems to be the closest so far, but that doesnt go beyond the basic management of a memory card image it seems.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored links

What I recall at the moment are MyMC and PS2_save_Builder to do what you want, but changing some those things may be trick and dependent on game.
Imagination is where we are truly real
a pal version and ntsc version of a game have different slus id numbers and show as distinctive baslus numbers in mymc. so you may be out of luck there. the good thing is pcsx2 is not region locked so you can use it to play whatever you want.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

nosisab Ken Keleh: PS2_save_Builder is both for Windows and proprietary.

DaTankAC: Thanks for the detail - yes I can start from scratch with any game, but the project is to see if I can reuse my original work.

So, its probably a future project to hack mymc to see if I can do this. I 'know' Python so at least getting started isnt a big deal, but lack of Copious Free Time and the fact the libre radeon graphics stack is only up to OpenGL v2.1* means I won't be able to launch a personal project to do this now.

*: I'm looking forward to Debian Testing getting at OpenGL 3/3.1 in the future, but I read some plugins want 4+ already?? Probably explains why a number of games are so broken and slow.
if you have some sort of cable connecting your mem card to pc you could use mymc to upload your saves onto pcsx2 mem card. i am unable to try this as i lack the equipment to do so but i will try it for myself after i am done moving.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Uh, sorry, sometimes I get into a thread from the "new topics" and forget to check the system, my bad.

PS: that's more common just after waking... yeah I know, lame excuse Smile
(02-16-2013, 04:27 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: if you have some sort of cable connecting your mem card to pc you could use mymc to upload your saves onto pcsx2 mem card. i am unable to try this as i lack the equipment to do so but i will try it for myself after i am done moving.

Yes, I asked the original question as I have basically obtained this progression. I bought a Datel MaxDrive, copied all of my 4 cards' saves on to the provided USB flash drive (I bet it could be any old flash drive), then mounted the vfat filesystem on this Debian machine - nice happy single files storing the save data.

I then used mymc to import them into a pcsx2 memory card image.

Right now I am having my first play of Final Fantasy X after 6-7 years, after I tracked down a PAL image to match my save. Mental the amount of time I ploughed into that game Smile

The aim at some point will be to hack mymc to be able to edit the slus id info associated with saves and therefore hopefully make them usable with US images (probably asking too muck to Just Work with JP images).
Just beware the forum rules, let's read you meant a PAL copy of the game for stating you fetched the image is dangerously near of breaking them.
Right, well, naturally I have the game in physical form as well. Thanks for noting - might need to discuss this kind of stuff elsewhere possibly.