Life is short, embrace it
There are events that happen in your life that make you sit back and question your own mortality and if you are doing everything you can to appreciate what you have, events that are meant to test our humanity and remind us that our time on this earth is only temporary.

Today this reminder came in the form of our beloved team member Nobbs66 or as he was known in real life, Gavin Schulte, who on the 8th Jan 2022 woke up feeling unwell, and later went to the hospital suspecting appendicitis; This turned out to be a splenic aneurysm which ruptured and took his life despite the excellent health workers attempts to save him.  Gavin was at the young age of 24 and lived by his partner Blyss Sarania; They both loved and supported each other very much, and they both became something of a love story of the forum (better than Twilight, right?), and to see it end in such a sudden and tragic way has just been heart-breaking for all of us.

Gavin was such a kind person, always liked to joke and string you along for the ride, he was our prankster but it was never malicious, he was always good by everyone and tried to do his best for everybody, but yet we have to say goodbye to one of our beloved friends in the most cruel fashion.  Our hearts go out to his family and to Blyss of course, who will be suffering the most during this time, we will be there for you where we can be.

Rest in Peace, Gavin Schulte, 1997-2022

[Image: attachment.php?aid=74516]
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Heart 
I feel for you dear PCSX2-Team, dear colleagues, friends, relatives and family, even though i unfortunately could not meet him anymore which dismays me. I hope you will get over this precious loss. Please take some time out and try to gather strength.
However...

do not be sad because he is gone, but rejoice that he was there.

Heartly regards, many love and much consolation from germany, dear ones. Sad
This is really sad R.I.P, my sincerest condolences to his family and everyone who knew him in real life.
My condolences to the family and to Blyss. No words we can share will make this time easier for you all. Know that he will be missed and that we are praying for you all during this time of grief and loss.
May He Rest in Peace. Terrible tragedy.
R.I.P. to Nobbs66, my deepest condolences to his partner and y'all guys in the PCSX2 crew. Hoping his legacy and work lives on.
Rest in Peace.
Rest in Piece my friend, you are sorely missed.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
I sat on the bus next to Gavin for years. He was a good friend of mine, and it was painful to hear of his passing. I know that the people on this forum were family to him so thank you all for that. Gavin was certainly a goofy fellow, but when he decided to set his mind to something, he put his all into it. Over the course of our bus rides together we probably played more than 1,000 games of chess. I seldom won. He was a good friend, and he will be sorely missed.  Sad
(01-21-2022, 05:11 PM)joblincli2 Wrote: I sat on the bus next to Gavin for years. He was a good friend of mine, and it was painful to hear of his passing. I know that the people on this forum were family to him so thank you all for that. Gavin was certainly a goofy fellow, but when he decided to set his mind to something, he put his all into it. Over the course of our bus rides together we probably played more than 1,000 games of chess. I seldom won. He was a good friend, and he will be sorely missed.  Sad

I didn't think we'd have anybody else so close to him on here, I'm sorry to hear that and I'm sorry for the loss you are feeling Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]