LilyPad 0.10.0
You might have to enable extra axes and set them to 0 force to get the small motor to work. With some buggy devices, just telling one motor to vibrate always activates the same motor, regardless of which motor it is. Creating a two axis effect in which the vibration is only in the direction of the second axis will then activate the second motor.

For other buggy drivers (Particularly for some PS2 controller converters) you need to set the effect type to sine to trigger the other motor.

There seems to be no logic behind how buggy force feedback drivers behave, which is why I make (almost) all options available.

Edit: For some other devices, it's much simpler, with axes 1 and 2 being the same, and 3 and 4 being the same.

Sponsored links

thats some f***ed up s***. Now i'm just wondering, how do PSX emus like pSX can just ENABLE force feedback and thats all?

BTW GOTCHA:
Big motor: Axis 2 = 0, Axis 3 = 1
Small motor: Axis 2 = 0, Axis 1 = 0.993
I dunno. All I can tell you is to the extent of my knowledge, my force feedback code fully adheres to Microsoft's specs.

Maybe they don't work with some controllers? Maybe they use DIEFF_OBJECTOFFSETS with offsets to a standard joystick structure instead of DIEFF_OBJECTIDS with a custom structure that works with all device types, and there's some Microsoft bug affecting the use of DIEFF_OBJECTIDS? My RumblePad works great (Reports 2 axes, and both behave as expected). Send me a couple buggy devices and I'll spend some time trying to figure it out. Otherwise, it's between you, your device/driver manufacturer, and Microsoft.
i dropped lillypad.dll into the plugin folder.....but im having a hard time setting the thumbsticks up to work correctly. this is for a mock gamestop 360 controller....when i go into configure options and try to change the controller option, i see no lillypad.dll..

i also saw very detailed photos for this plugin posted by another user in this topic....how do i get to the detailed set up menu for this plug in?

thanks in advance.
You also need to set LilyPad as the pad plugin in the plugins screen. As with all pad plugins, use it for both pad 1 and 2, to avoid any issues.
Hi im new to the forums Smile

I own a EMS Topgun 2 and i tried using it with ur pad plugin. Its really working nicely (using direct input for keys) , but there is one BIG problem.
I cant tell ur pad plugin to use absolute mode, only relative mode so the cursor is not at the same position i aim. I dont think it will be much work till we can fully enjoy using our lightguns Smile If u need more info how that lightgun works check out http://www.hkems.com/ I´m sure they will help you out ! There is also another company which wrote a troubleshooter for lightguns which also works with that gun check out http://thetroubleshooter.home.mindspring.com/ perhaps u can work closely with them !

Anyway thanks for your hard work, with lighgun support you could go to 1.0 Smile
gizzle: Actually, the problem has absolutely nothing to do with relative vs. absolute axes. I identify myself to PCSX2 as a pad, not a lightgun. Notice that my behavior matches a pad's. You don't target the center of the screen by centering an analog stick, as you would with a PS2 lightgun, but rather by moving the target to the center, as you would with a PS2 pad.

I have no specs for a PS2 lightgun, nor any real interest in implementing them even if I did. If PS2 lightguns are treated as pad controllers by the PS2 (If they're not, not possible for a pad plugin to emulate them), suppose I'd be willing to implement support if you enumerated the exact input/output of every single reasonable pad message for a PS2 lightgun, including the configuration messages. READ_DATA_AND_VIBRATE (0x42), QUERY_MODEL_AND_MODE (0x45), QUERY_ACT (0x46), QUERY_COMB (0x47), and VIBRATION_TOGGLE (0x4D), if the PS2 guns support vibration, are the big ones.
(03-02-2009, 08:57 AM)ChickenLiver Wrote: gizzle: Actually, the problem has absolutely nothing to do with relative vs. absolute axes. I identify myself to PCSX2 as a pad, not a lightgun. Notice that my behavior matches a pad's. You don't target the center of the screen by centering an analog stick, as you would with a PS2 lightgun, but rather by moving the target to the center, as you would with a PS2 pad.

I have no specs for a PS2 lightgun, nor any real interest in implementing them even if I did. If PS2 lightguns are treated as pad controllers by the PS2 (If they're not, not possible for a pad plugin to emulate them), suppose I'd be willing to implement support if you enumerated the exact input/output of every single reasonable pad message for a PS2 lightgun, including the configuration messages. READ_DATA_AND_VIBRATE (0x42), QUERY_MODEL_AND_MODE (0x45), QUERY_ACT (0x46), QUERY_COMB (0x47), and VIBRATION_TOGGLE (0x4D), if the PS2 guns support vibration, are the big ones.

Well the EMS Topgun is for PC, Xbox and Ps2 and i testet it with some games (gunvari, time crisis 2). Shooting worked well, also other buttons the only problem was the cursor. Since that gun may act as a mouse in absolute mode you had to aim at the center and adjust the sensivity in order to "play a little" .Adding support for all ps2 lightguns would be impossible i know but this one could be done with some tweaks i think, theese games can also be played with a controller. I´m just askin for EMS support since there is only 1 problem. To remove the cursor the pcsx2 team should contact the troubleshooter team.

Thanks for your quick response.
Normal PS2 pads, obviously, only have 2 sticks, a d-pad, and 12 buttons. They have no "place cursor here" value. Therefore, there's absolutely no way I could do to do what you want. Unless lightguns act like pads (And use pad ports...Like pads), but identify themselves slightly differently and use a different data format. In which case, I can tell the emulated PS2 I'm a lightgun and support the different data format, but you'd have to provide me with specs (Not going to waste my time looking).

Notice LilyPad is not a USB plugin, so I cannot emulate PS2 USB devices. This is not a trivial distinction.
Well i would if i could, but it may be like ps1, the epsxe team actually managed to implement them. I dont think the communication between guncon and ps1 and guncon and ps2 iss very different.

Thanks again Smile