LilyPad: how to ignore input device
I've got a case with NVidia ESA fan control, which appears to Windows as a HID device. Unfortunately, this makes it almost impossible to assign any keys, because Lilypad will almost always pick up one of the events from ESA instead of the button I'm pressing. Is there any way to ignore an "input" device in LilyPad?
Because 10 billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral...
it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness.

Sponsored links

try clicking the "ignore key" button under the pad mapping tabs Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
I did try that, and it has no effect as far as I can see.
Can't do it at the moment. Rather bizarre for a fan control to identify it as a Human Input Device, seeing as it receives no input from humans. Have no plans at the moment to implement ignoring entire devices, but I'd never heard of this issue before, so you never know...

One pretty lame workaround: Hook up the controller you want to use to another computer, bind controls, then copy the ini from that computer over. Not an ideal solution, but it should work.

Have you considered letting your fan control play games for you? Maybe it knows what it's doing.

Ignore key is mostly just for the windows key - ignores keys at a fairly high level, so shouldn't mess things up, in theory.
(05-20-2009, 06:53 PM)ChickenLiver Wrote: Have you considered letting your fan control play games for you? Maybe it knows what it's doing.

man, that just made my day. record the FAN playing, that oughta be funny
(05-20-2009, 07:32 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(05-20-2009, 06:53 PM)ChickenLiver Wrote: Have you considered letting your fan control play games for you? Maybe it knows what it's doing.

man, that just made my day. record the FAN playing, that oughta be funny
aww man that made my day too Laugh (let's see a video of your fan playing Biggrin )

(05-20-2009, 06:53 PM)ChickenLiver Wrote: Ignore key is mostly just for the windows key - ignores keys at a fairly high level, so shouldn't mess things up, in theory.
hmm, well it works with the press of any other button too Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Considering that there's a ton of other things that work through HID (practically all UPSes use HID protocol, too, but luckily my SmartUPS 750 doesn't seem to produce events fast enough to be a hindrance), it's not that surprising that NVidia decided to integrate their ESA through HID.