Lilypad and 8bitdo gamepad
Hello, 

I installed PCSX2 on my laptop and it works perfectly. But I can't configure my 8bitdo M30 BlueTooth gamepad.

In Device Diagnostincs, it appears as DX 6B Controller and if I click on it, I can go to the diagnostic screen and see that buttons are mapped to Buttons 0 to 9

But if I go to Settings/Pad 1 : each button is mapped to "Axe 9-", and therefore replaces the button previously chosen. Only directions work.

I have no idea as to what to do...

Sponsored links

i suggest you set your controller to xinput mode.
it'll be easier to make it work with pcsx2

Of course, you'll get quite of an horrible experience with most games since your pad isn't made for PS2 games at all
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I don't know how to do that. I unchecked "DirectInput" and "Monitor when in background" in the "Game Device APIs" panel, with no effect.

Concerning the experience, I just want to play Sega Ages 2500 Phantasy Star Generations 1 & 2, which do not use any analogic control.
It's not something you'll have to set in pcsx2 but directly on your controller
(04-28-2021, 07:22 PM)Tryphon Wrote: Hello, 

I installed PCSX2 on my laptop and it works perfectly. But I can't configure my 8bitdo M30 BlueTooth gamepad.

In Device Diagnostincs, it appears as DX 6B Controller and if I click on it, I can go to the diagnostic screen and see that buttons are mapped to Buttons 0 to 9

But if I go to Settings/Pad 1 : each button is mapped to "Axe 9-", and therefore replaces the button previously chosen. Only directions work.

I have no idea as to what to do...

What type of gamepad is that for ? Playstation or PC game platform  ?
PC, Switch, Android, MD mini. I just have a PC and it works with other emulators I tried (Mame, Blastem, Emulicious, Mesen, ...)
as i said, pcsx2 will work better with xinput.
so, you'll have to switch your controller to xinput mode before mapping it with pcsx2
It doesn't seem this gamepad can work in xinput mode (at least in wireless mode).
ok. made a bit iof a research for you. looks like you may have to update your controller firmware.
even if using xinput in wired and non wired mode seems to be problematic with this controller

and about this :
Quote:Concerning the experience, I just want to play Sega Ages 2500 Phantasy Star Generations 1 & 2, which do not use any analogic control.
I don't have those games, so, i can't test. but it's was made for PS2, and will wait for a PS2-types controller.
you're likely to get problems anyways
Thanks. I guess I'll stay with the keyboard.

Concerning the game, it's a 2D RPG (a remake of a Megadrive / Genesis title). I studied intensely the source code when I worked on English and French translation years ago, and I'm sure it doesn't rely on anything else than the D-Pad and a few buttons Smile