Lilypad, let go of F1 please
so I've found nothing direct relating to the issue(in the way of possible solutions) and can't think of any better way to search for it than I have, but no matter what I do I can't convince lilypad that I'm not holding F1 constantly, and so when I click on the GS it pauses for up to a second(depending on how active it is) and saves my state EACH TIME, and it's beginning to drive me a little batty.

I've got the latest lilypad, set to both pads the same as I've seen suggested in threads I found, and still it persists in it's delusion of F1-dom >.>

and I tested the device in lilypad's config screen and it shows F1 being a constant 1.000, but I know it is in fact not being held outside PCsx due to my lack of help messages popping up in every window I'm in, and the fact that when I press it elsewhere(like here in firefox), it functions normally

I can't think of anything else that would cause this to occur, any advice would be appreciated

Sponsored links

Make sure in Keyboard API "Windows Messaging' is selected. Also check the devices Lilypad reports for something strange
[Image: newsig.jpg]
For F4,this button is not working at all on the newest LilyPad-r1988,I have to choose DirectInput to make it work again(normally I use Windows messaging but I tried with Raw Input too...it's not working on both modes,only on DirectInput)
I actually tried disabling it then setting it back to windows messaging to see if it would let go, then to the other settings, but it wouldn't for any of them..
I even went so far as to unplug my controller to see if that could- by some off chance- be causing it, it wasn't.

unfortunately seeing as the keyboard is attached I can't unplug it, so it makes things a bit more complicated for me.
if nothing help try on-screen keyboard Smile
Actually, it thinks you're repeatedly pressing and releasing F1, not holding it. Never heard of this behavior before, so something's funky with your hardware or software configuration.
(10-12-2009, 06:27 AM)ChickenLiver Wrote: Actually, it thinks you're repeatedly pressing and releasing F1, not holding it. Never heard of this behavior before, so something's funky with your hardware or software configuration.

if it thought I was pressing it over and over, I would think the game would be forever frozen instead of just pausing every time I click back on the game screen, also I would think the device test thing would show the F1 key rapidly going from 0 to 1 and back

EDIT: on a side note, at the bottom of the list apparently non-descript key 255 is also never released, dunno if that might be related
Misunderstood your "Every time" remark.
(10-12-2009, 02:20 PM)ChickenLiver Wrote: Misunderstood your "Every time" remark.

I think the change should make it a bit less easy to misunderstand now
Your original wording was fine, just didn't read carefully, not that there's anything wrong with your new wording...Erm...anyways...

The 255 thing is funky. What system locale are you using?

When you try Raw Input, which keyboard claims to have F1 down? You generally have 3 - Simulated Keyboard, some funky windows system keyboard thing, and then one for your actual keyboard. If it's the first, then some app is responsible, if it's your actual keyboard, I'm getting the message directly from MS's generic keyboard drivers, and no idea what it would mean if it's the other one.