[Linux] Crashing immediately upon ZeroGS opening
I have followed the config and compile guides to the letter (although at some points they are a bit vague Wacko).

I am on an eeepc running Ubu 9.04. I have all of the dependencies. 2 gig ram, 1.6ghz cpu.

The error I am given when I run 'execute' is:

Code:
offset = 0
blockofs = 0
blocksize = 2352
blocks = 311340
type = 1
ZeroGS: creating zerogs
get fences failed: -1
param: 6, val: 0
ZeroGS: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZeroGS: glX-Version 1.2
ZeroGS: Depth 24
ZeroGS: you have Direct Rendering!
ZeroGS: *********
ZeroGS: OGL WARNING: multiple render targets not supported, some effects might look bad
ZeroGS: ******
ZeroGS: GS WARNING: Floating point render targets not supported, switching to 32bit
ZeroGS: Disabling MRT depth writing
Offset 0xea000000 invalid. Legit SIGSEGV. Aborting.
Segmentation fault

Sponsored links

Eepc use intel Atom processor. One core, 1.6Mhz, hyperthreaded. It's useless to run pcsx2 on this hardware.
(05-27-2009, 09:08 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Eepc use intel Atom processor. One core, 1.6Mhz, hyperthreaded. It's useless to run pcsx2 on this hardware.

It's 'useless' to play video games in the first place. Do you have a point?
(05-27-2009, 09:49 PM)geistanon Wrote:
(05-27-2009, 09:08 AM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Eepc use intel Atom processor. One core, 1.6Mhz, hyperthreaded. It's useless to run pcsx2 on this hardware.

It's 'useless' to play video games in the first place. Do you have a point?

Because you're never going to run PCSX2 at an acceptable speed. The eeepc has an underpowered single-core CPU and an underclocked integrated graphics chipset. I'm not even sure if the graphics chipset supports the minimum OpenGL spec required.

Maybe you could get a 2D game to run at 10 FPS, but I'm gonna go ahead and agree with Zeydlitz, it's pretty much a waste of time.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Nvidia is needed for linux, nothing else seems to work (ati does though) the mesa drivers are crap
There are videos on YouTube of a person playing all sorts of games at perfectly fine rates on an Eee.

What amazes me is that only one post out of 4 responses even addressed the problem (and even then only slantedly). What a community, hahahahaha.
(05-28-2009, 08:52 AM)geistanon Wrote: There are videos on YouTube of a person playing all sorts of games at perfectly fine rates on an Eee.
What games? Super Mario Bros? Ogame? xD
EeePC is designed for browsing internet, checking mails etc., not for playing games. Don't think about it as a computer, it's just big cellphone Tongue2 We are not wizards, and we simply cant provide you emulator that runs on something like Eee. Don't blame community, but your hardware.
[Image: kaszak696.png]
Your integrated graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements for running PCSX2,so it won't work. Better now?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-28-2009, 11:11 AM)Bositman Wrote: Your integrated graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements for running PCSX2,so it won't work. Better now?

This forum is absolutely amazing. Looking through all of these threads I see nothing but pricks being complete dipshits about -hardware-. If an eee 'cant' do it, then how HAS IT BEEN DONE ALREADY?

Jesus christ the idiocy level here is tremendous.
(05-29-2009, 12:38 AM)geistanon Wrote:
(05-28-2009, 11:11 AM)Bositman Wrote: Your integrated graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements for running PCSX2,so it won't work. Better now?

This forum is absolutely amazing. Looking through all of these threads I see nothing but pricks being complete dipshits about -hardware-. If an eee 'cant' do it, then how HAS IT BEEN DONE ALREADY?

Jesus christ the idiocy level here is tremendous.

With that attitude your gonna get any help at all. Now get your head out of your ass, O.K.?

But as far as advise, really the only thing I could say is to try and re-compile PCSX2.
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper