Linux (Gentoo): DQ8 Crash
I have got a question. When I play DQ8 which I understand is a popular game being played on PCSX2 the program crashes with the words “Aborted” as soon as I try to go to Neos. It doesn’t matter if I go by ship or by zoom (I am unable to fly at the moment). No core is being dumped, the window just closes, “Aborted” is being printed and that’s it. I’d guess this is a bug. Anybody any idea what I can do about that? I tried different BIOSes but to no avail.

PCSX2 version 1.7.4940

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thx for your pretty fast answer. After my post I tried the newest binary from pcsx2.net i.e. 1.7.4984 in its AppImage release and it doesn't show the described issue. Problem solved.

I have also recently observed that the gcc on my Gentoo Linux system is somewhat broken, certain compiler flags produce inconsistent code. (Under Gentoo, each and every code gets compiled on the target system.) Which makes me generally unhappy and my bug reports unreliable. Sorry for any inconvenience.