Linux Mint 17 64bit libegl1-mesa:i638 issue
Question 
Hello, I was trying to install PCSX2 (according to this guide: Youtube ) and I encountered a problem. When I typed:
Quote:sudo apt install pcsx2-unstable
terminal answered:
Quote:The following packages have unmet dependencies:
pcsx2:i386 : Depends: libegl1-mesa:i386 (>= 7.8.1) but it is not going to be installed or
libegl1-x11:i386
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Problem repeated when I tried pcsx2:i638.
I searched the internet and found out, that this problem occurs only on Linux Mint, but I didn't find any solution.
64bit shouldn't be a problem, I have already enabled 32bit support(multiarch).
In advance I want to thank anyone who helps.

Sponsored links

Give me the output of

apt-cache show libegl1-mesa
sudo apt-get install libegl1-mesa:i386
Hello, the command has uninstalled most of software on my laptop.
It has removed other emulators (retroarch), settings, videoplayer and even cinnamon.
How can I repair it?
Sorry I didn't mean to install it if it removes others package. Just reinstall retroarch and so on.

The issue is that libegl is that 1 dependency of egl isn't multiarch compatible (it is maybe libwayland but I don't know)

If you try to install (without saying yes) both i386 and amd64 maybe apt will tell you the issue.
sudo apt-get install libegl1-mesa:i386 libegl1-mesa:amd64
After I typed: sudo apt-get install libegl1-mesa:i386 libegl1-mesa:amd64 terminal answered that all packages are already installed.
Reinstalling packages didn't help (OS is refusing to install them), so I'm going to do a new install of OS. Should I install Ubuntu? According to forums it should be less problematic then Mint.
You can repair it without a full reinstall of the OS. Just remove libegl1-mesa:i386 libgbm1:i386 libwayland-client0:i386 and libwayland-server0:i386. Then you will be able to install again others packages.
Hello, I installed Ubuntu on the laptop (also to solve boot problems and other) and the PCSX2 works well.
I'm planning to install PCSX2 on my main computer (also 64bit, running Linux Mint 17, running nvidia 331 driver) - the installation of Ubuntu there isn't possible because of complicated partitiong (SSD drive). Do you any recomendation about solving this issue on my main computer?
PS:
On Ubuntu PCSX2 didn't work with nvidia 331 driver, only with Xorg nouveau.
>> On Ubuntu PCSX2 didn't work with nvidia 331 driver, only with Xorg nouveau.
Maybe 32 bits nvidia driver isn't installed correctly.

For your EGL dependency issue, the best way will be to find which package doesn't support multiarch and asking your distribution to fix it.
That's why on ubuntu-based distros it's easier to have 32 bit due to default pae kernel to sort of avoid wasting RAM. The problem OP is going through has been there since multiarch started with ubuntu precise. I have been through it personally.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti