Linux PCSX2 does not work, tried 2 versions
I am using Ubuntu 9.10

I originally tried version 0.9.7-r3881 and this is the error on the command line:

_ZN12wxSizerFlags24ReserveSpaceEvenIfHiddenEv, version WXU_2.8.8 not defined in file libwx_gtk2u_core-2.8.so.0 with link time reference

and the program doesn't even start, no menus come up or anything

Afterward I decided to download a deb of PCSX2, but the only one I could find was 0.9.4-1i386

I got the menu to come up but every time I try to run a cd or use the execute command (whether there is a cd, dvd, or nothing in the drive) I get a segmentation fault error

This is the command line:

** (<unknown>:31624): WARNING **: Couldn't find pixmap file: pcsxAbout.bmp
ZeroGS: creating
ZeroGS: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZeroGS: glX-Version 1.2
ZeroGS: Depth 24
ZeroGS: you have Direct Rendering!
ZeroGS: ******
ZeroGS: GS WARNING: Floating point render targets not supported, switching to 32bit
ZeroGS: *********
ZeroGS: Disabling MRT depth writing
Segmentation fault

Sponsored links

Easy one, you does not have the good version of wxwidgets, use 2.8.10 (or recompile from svn)

By the way, there are more recent package here:
https://launchpad.net/~gregory-hainaut/+...ficial.ppa

The stable version is latest beta. The others one, a recent snapshot of svn (no support is provided for this one).

Enjoy.
I got version 0.9.7 to start up, but it does not actually run, I get an error every time that I try to start a game.

This is the gsLog:

ZeroGS: creating
ZeroGS: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZeroGS: glX-Version 1.2
ZeroGS: Depth 24
ZeroGS: you have Direct Rendering!
Supported OpenGL Extensions:
GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_logic_op GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_cull_vertex GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_polygon_offset GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texture GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_APPLE_client_storage GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_INGR_blend_func_separate GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture GL_MESA_window_pos GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_point_sprite GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_vertex_program GL_NV_vertex_program1_1 GL_OES_read_format GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays
ZeroGS: ******
ZeroGS: GS WARNING: Floating point render targets not supported, switching to 32bit
ZeroGS: *********
ZeroGS: Disabling MRT depth writing

Which is the same error as 0.9.4 so I think that it is the GS plugin

Also I cannot download the package from synaptic I get the following error

GPG error: http://dl.google.com stable Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY A040830F7FAC5991Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/gregory-hainaut...ackages.gz 404 Not Found

Where can I get a new version of the GS plugin?
it seems like a old videocard. Try my last build from http://sanechka.spb.ru/svnroot/ruslan/compilled/
Ah sorry, the ppa is only for ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10.
(12-01-2010, 10:57 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: it seems like a old videocard. Try my last build from http://sanechka.spb.ru/svnroot/ruslan/compilled/

I tried putting the hard drive into a more powerful computer and the emulator starts, but I get less than .1 fps!

This is what the computer has:
Dual core Xeon CPU 2 GHZ (overclocked to something else though)
3GB of RAM
Nvida QuadroFX560 (128MB 128-bit GDDR3 400 MHz)

So is this computer good enough to run PCSX2, or is something wrong with the way I installed it?
Actually the cpu is a little weak.

Did the gpu is a geforce 5 ? In this case it is probably too old.
(12-09-2010, 08:17 PM)gregory Wrote: Actually the cpu is a little weak.

Did the gpu is a geforce 5 ? In this case it is probably too old.

actually it turns out that I needed a special driver to use it so after installing the driver it worked fine usually around 30-60 fps, but I can't load DVDs or switch plugins, every time I click on the "configue" menu the program quits

Also for some reason it thinks that that it's December 2110
Ok good.

The crash seems a segmentation fault. Could you try to get a backtrace from a debugger like gdb.
-> gdb ./pcsx2
-> run
----> hit configure, change plugins
----> gdb command go back
(to generate the backtrace use the next command)
-> bt full